cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charged for an Automatic Top Up in Addition to My Subscription That I Did Not Sign Up For

ColleenM1
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Please tell me how I can get a hold of someone to explain why I was charged $20 for something called an automatic top up that I did not sign up for? This is a charge on top of the regular subscription plan that I know is automatically charged to my credit card. There is the charge for my plan and on a different date, an amount that is not the same as my plan, is being charged.

I cannot submit a ticket because an error comes up when I try. I need Public Mobile to reverse the charge and cancel this automatic top up I did not authorize.

9 REPLIES 9

Korth_
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

There are no additional charges, fees, penalties, costs for allowing your plan to lapse into suspension (non-payment). And again there are no charges for reactivating it (when payment is accepted). Along with no charges for the time your service was suspended, Day 1 of your next 30-day (or 90-day or whatever) prepaid plan cycle begins the moment payment is accepted and your plan is reactivated. (Sometimes, rarely, it doesn't reactivate automatically, you have to login to Self-Serve and click the Reactivate Plan Now button. And if you have no way to login to your email then you'll get locked out of your account by the EverSafe 2FA "protection".)

The only "penalty" on a suspended plan is that it doesn't collect any bonuses. No Rewards and no Points while it's not in service. No AutoPay bonuses (obviously). No days counted towards Loyalty bonus. No bonuses from Referrals. No bonus awarded for Community activity.

Some of us deliberately allow our plans to languish in suspended status while we go on vacation or whatever. Because there's no additional costs attached to that and not paying a plan you're not using saves money.

A plan will remain suspended for 90 days. After that point, it is automatically terminated, everything is lost, no refunds of any kind. (If your account, promo, plan, add-ons, rewards, points, phone number, SIM are worth keeping then don't allow your plan to go without payment this long.)

@ColleenM1 wrote:

I'm talking about an additional charge. Obviously I know it automatically charges my plan every month but this is not my plan. I've been a Public Mobile customer for 4 years, I understand my plan is auto-charged every month.

Well that adds clarity @ColleenM1 

Does the 'additional charge' display on your PM's account payment history tab?

Check and let us know - better yet, screenshot it and post it here so we can see (masking any personal info, of course)

ColleenM1

I need to update my post. This is a charge in addition to my regular plan.

ColleenM1

I need to edit my post. This is a charge in addition to my regular plan.

ColleenM1

I'm talking about an additional charge. Obviously I know it automatically charges my plan every month but this is not my plan. I've been a Public Mobile customer for 4 years, I understand my plan is auto-charged every month.

Korth_

A drastic option which I think would work ...

Cancel the credit card. That will automatically halt any AutoPay and invalidate all future AutoPay attempts. Use Payment Vouchers to pay for your plan. You can pay after it's been suspended without any penalty. You can pay before it's due to guarantee it won't be suspended (available funds are always used up before anything would be charged to AutoPay).

I hate to say this, but if Public Mobile has gotten to the point where that is now impossible ... then it's time to abandon them and try your luck with another provider.

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

@ColleenM1 

So are you wanting service to be suspended then?

Cause without auto-pay to the registered payment card on file (which they would ONLY have if YOU provided it to them... right?), the account would become suspended when the cycle is up.

Was that really what you wanted to occur at the end of the cycle?  

Hollister
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@ColleenM1 

I believe by default now when you sign up that you are automatically enrolled in autopay (subscription). Log into self service and remove your payment cc from subscription. Contact an agent regarding a refund.

• you can send a private message to our Agents by clicking here. You’ll need to be logged in to your Community account for the link to work.

During business hours, we strive to answer customer messages swiftly. You will often get an answer within an hour. During peak periods, you may need to wait up to 48 hours.Customer Support Agents are available:

• Monday to Sunday: 9 AM to 10 PM EST

Korth_

How did Public Mobile obtain your credit card information if you did not submit it to them while signing up?

Need Help? Let's chat.