cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Changing username email can also update my primary email?

dohadotahmed
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle
I think a month ago I changed my wife's username email address under self serve and it did automatically updated my primary email address under my profile. I am not 100% sure about this because I can see the same email address in both place. I didn't take any assistance from any of the mod but I know it's not possible to change the profile email by users.
Can anyone confirm this please. Thanks.
5 REPLIES 5

WearySky
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Just to be clear - updating your email address in self-serve will show it as being updated in self-serve, but the mods have said on multiple occasions that it doesn't update the email address associated with your account in the back end (where you can't see it).  The only way you'd be able to tell if it was updated in the back end is if you ask a mod to have a look.

@dohadotahmed wrote:
I checked my both emails where they send the activation email. So now I am 100% sure that changing username email also change your profile email.
So @Mary_M can you please share your knowledge here. Thanks.

This is my understanding also.  I could not locate the thread where this was already confirmed by Mary.

dohadotahmed
I checked my both emails where they send the activation email. So now I am 100% sure that changing username email also change your profile email.
So @Mary_M can you please share your knowledge here. Thanks.

dohadotahmed
Hi @Luddite
Thanks for your reply. Maybe my primary email address was already there when I signed up the account. Then afterward I changed my username email to the exact same name. I can't remember actually my bad.

Luddite
Oracle
Oracle

You're the first to report success in this matter. Robot Very Happy

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.
Need Help? Let's chat.