cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Changing subscription, do I lose my current rewards?

scrauwels
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I'm considering changing my plan (currently 25cad/month 1gb, probably want a 20gb one or something) 
When looking at available subscriptions I can see that my current subscription is in the list of options but it also has the following
"Earn $1.25/month in points value with our Public Points"

Is this the same plan or did something change with the rewards?
I have 10 cad/month discount saved up due to friend referrals and I would hate to lose it.

Thanks

5 REPLIES 5

Ish99
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

You should be able to keep your rewards if you switch plans, I've done that a few times with no issues. That being said, I don't know how it works work public points, I'm not sure if it switches you to points automatic. 

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

@scrauwels 

Public Mobile tries to sneakily nudge customers over to Public Points when folks peruse the plans available on plan change options.

Don't be fooled.

They 'want' everyone to go on Public Points because, frankly, it saves them money in rewards being paid out.

And that, in effect, means less $$$ in your pocket.

So just remember the going advice around here is to never, ever, switch to Public Points.   And once someone switches, there's no switching back.   Trust us, there are many here who have made the move and have regretted it.

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@scrauwels  No you will get to keep them I can confirm this I just switched plans and kept my old rewards check  it out 

Handy1_0-1695341902451.png

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

hi @scrauwels you won't loss any rewards and you will stay in the legacy rewards after plan change 

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

@scrauwels 

you won't lose Rewards unless you volantarily opt for Points instead. Points suck !

Need Help? Let's chat.