cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Changing plans question

LDT
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I was about to change my $25 3G plan to a $35 4G plan with 3G data, unlimited Canada talk and text but when I looked at the details...it talked about province wide instead (as in you'd be roaming outside your own province). Can anyone verify this? It didn't seem to show up if I was a new customer buying a new plan, but did if I'm switching plans. Thanks

7 REPLIES 7

LDT
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Thank you all for your quick help... it's great to have access to an experienced community who take the time to help!

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@LDT  All current plans are Canada wide calling as others have already noted so no worries there , just remember to change plan at renewal and not immediately or you lose out on your current cycle and rewards as @LoveNature  has mentioned 

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

Province wide calling was offered for 7 weeks in the spring of 2021 but was shelved when other provide's didn't follow suit. Province wide calling is still part of many legacy plans including the fall 2016 promo that many customers have finally been convinced to switch from to the $40/15gb plan or the $45/20gb plan. This is why you still see many of these inclusions in the "small print".

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@LDT 

All PM plans are Canada wide calling and texting. These plan are offered for existing and new customers.

The Province wide calling and texting was offered about couple of years ago and is not offered any longer.

LoveNature
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Hi @LDT 

at plan info is showing this

35 for 3GB data at 4G speed
Unlimited Canada-wide minutes
Canada-wide minutes
30-day plan
Unlimited International Text and Picture Messaging
Voicemail and Call Display.

but is there better plan for 40 for 15GB data at 4G speed
Unlimited Canada-wide minutes
Canada-wide minutes
30-day plan
Unlimited International Text and Picture Messaging
Voicemail and Call Display.

to change plan, open inPrivate mode,from computer,

and scroll the plans using the down and up arrows on the far right. select the plan you want,

and select .. Change plan now .. then you pay full price plan, or Change plan on renewal date,

to you not losing any money.

@LDT 

oh, you meant this:

Province-Wide option includes outgoing calls you make anywhere in Canada to a number with an area code in the same province, and incoming calls you receive while you are in your home province. A Long Distance Talk Add-On is required to receive incoming calls while you are outside your home province.

No worry, those are general terms.  It is there to define what is Province-wide opton.  But your plan is Canada-wide, so, any referring to Province-wide won't apply to the plan you pick, and PM now only offers Canada-wide plan, so bascially those terms won't apply to any current plan.   

FYI, there was a brief time in 2021 PM offers Province-wide plans.  These terms were from that time and PM just never remove it from the fine prints

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@LDT   All PM plans are not Canada wide, data and voice

Can you post a screenshot of what you saw ?

Need Help? Let's chat.