cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Changing plans on the old rewards system

sahands
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

If I change plans, will I still remain on the old rewards system that I'm on now, or would that cause the points rewards system to kick in and replace it instead?

7 REPLIES 7

Yummy
Mayor / Maire

Plan change will not affect your rewards option UNLESS you switch to Points system.

pkaraa
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Plan change is NOT an opting to new point system. Both are two different things.

New connections and people who click the link and get on the point system are the only ones. Rest remains at old  rewards system.

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@sahands 

From what I can read if you switch over to the Points system, you get 5 points and 11 Loyalty points for opt-in to the Points system.

Your old rewards will be converted to 1 point/month you were with PM and you get 10 points for every year you stay with PM.

Your Refer-a-Friend will be switched to 1 point/referral.

Community rewards will be 1 point for top 50%, 2 points for top 25%, 5 points for top 10%, 10 points for top 5% and 15 points for top 1%.
Along with the 5%/dollar of your monthly bill (less $2 for AutoPay).

Please correct me if I am wrong.

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

@sahands 

Only NEW ACTIVATIONS on and after January 25 are subject to being on the new points system without being given a choice.

Changing plans will not push you to the new system.

Very good question though!!!

Similarly, it might be asked what would happen if one allowed their account to become suspended and reactivated before 90 days - i'm pretty certain that too would not cause one to be moved over.

This is all subject to change at any time, and I suspect Public Mobile will eventually find a way to either move folks over or throw us a carrot to entice us over. 

Time will tell...

VIP_Tech
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

Hi @sahands 

read about  Change your Plan (publicmobile.ca)

for change plan and rewards i'm not see anything information about it but you want ensure contact to CSA, and ask them.

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@sahands   For now, changing plan won't affect Rewards system.  You will still be on the old system  

Just a reminder, make sure you understand the difference between Change Now and Change on the next renewal date when you make the plan change

BeachNBeer
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@sahands  You will remain on old rewards system.

Need Help? Let's chat.