cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Changing plan

yvanchartrand
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hello all,

I subscribed to Public Mobile 3 days ago. I took a 90 days plan with 3GB at 4G but did not realise that the data part of the plan was for the entire 3 months period and not per month.

I went today and changed my plan to a 30 day with a 6GB per month plan. On the web page, there was two option, renew at the end of current plan or change now. I clicked on change now and there was no warning that I would be penalised and forego my current plan, futhermore I read the entire user agreement and I cannot find any mention that you forego your current plan if you decide to make changes.

Can someone please point me in the right direction and show me where it is written that you will loose your cuttent plan (forego) if you decide to make a change to your current plan.

Thank you all for your help.

12 REPLIES 12

Anonymous
Not applicable

@stonechucker wrote:

@Anonymous/ it does say you will forfeit the features of your current plan,  I take that to include the remaining services you previously paid for.. including time remaining on current plan, and all funds previously supplied for payment of services.

But hey, I am not a lawyer.

Hey I'm not arguing. I agree with NDesai and you that it should be clear in that block of text that spent monies will not be refunded. Just saying features implies to me that well yeah I want to drop from 4gb to 1gb and that I will lose the 3 gb's. Kinda obvious but hey It's the MONEY that people come here complaining about.

@stonechucker wrote:

Red doesn’t help either, and I was being sarcastic.

its a warning, that everyone gets, it is not hidden, and you must hit the YES option to make it happen.

Subscriblers ignore the red warning messages in AutoPay, that tell you to ignore the warnings if you have money sufficient to renew, or are on AutoPay.

This isn’t a Public Mobile issue, it’s a lazy subscriber who doesn’t read the messages that are displayed.

Either way, the warning does not make it clear that already paid amount/services will be lost. I think it needs a bit of modification to make it clear. 

@Anonymous/ it does say you will forfeit the features of your current plan,  I take that to include the remaining services you previously paid for.. including time remaining on current plan, and all funds previously supplied for payment of services.

But hey, I am not a lawyer.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@stonechucker wrote:

Absolutely not a warning message.  Just a block of discriptive words the end user decided to blindly ignore and say Yes, change my plan.

Thank you stonechucker for saying that. Sure the KB says something about no prorated values but no one reads that stuff. Absolutely it should be saying that in that specific block of text. "No prorated refunds or credits on remaining previous plan value."

Red doesn’t help either, and I was being sarcastic.

its a warning, that everyone gets, it is not hidden, and you must hit the YES option to make it happen.

Subscriblers ignore the red warning messages in AutoPay, that tell you to ignore the warnings if you have money sufficient to renew, or are on AutoPay.

This isn’t a Public Mobile issue, it’s a lazy subscriber who doesn’t read the messages that are displayed.

@stonechucker wrote:

Absolutely not a warning message.  Just a block of discriptive words the end user decided to blindly ignore and say Yes, change my plan.

Indeed, i will get in touch with the team and have them modify that possibily in red.

@srlawren wrote:

@yvanchartrand I'm 99% sure there is a warning in the self-serve site.  Hopefully someone can post an image.

Here you go: 

abc.png

@Anonymous FYI:  these are no longer required, or wanted, in first message to moderators.

- your Name 

- your account number ,if you have it 

- your phone number 

- your account, 4 digit PIN

- date of birth 

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

Luddite
Oracle
Oracle

@yvanchartrand As you are new, request consideration from the moderator team. Not legally required but worth a shot. 

Click this: message to moderators to send a private message to the moderator team with a description of your error. 

Do not send multiple messages. This pushes you further back in the queue as the system takes into consideration your most recent message.

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@yvanchartrand wrote:

Can someone please point me in the right direction and show me where it is written that you will loose your cuttent plan (forego) if you decide to make a change to your current plan.

Thank you all for your help.

@yvanchartrand I'm 99% sure there is a warning in the self-serve site.  Hopefully someone can post an image.

In the meantime, please see this knowledge base article, and scroll down to the heading that says "Changing your plan immediatelyhttps://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Knowledge-Base/Self-Serve-Account-Management/ta-p/245...

The relevant bullets in that section are:

• A new payment cycle starts when you activate your new plan.
  • Your plan will not be prorated, which means that any days remaining in your current payment cycle will not be credited to your new plan.

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

Anonymous
Not applicable

you need send a private message To

customer support teams (Moderators)>> Click here 

In your message put it, please include.

- your Name 

- your account number ,if you have it 

- your phone number 

- your account, 4 digit PIN

- date of birth 

- Detailed explanation of specific your issue For Changing plan.

- them can help you a lot nice service Team

Waiting for Response, Community Moderators are available from:

Monday to Friday from 9am (EDT) to 9pm (EDT) Saturday and Sunday from 9am (EDT) to 7pm (EDT)
During business hours, we strive to answer all customer messages/inquiries as soon as possible. Usually, that is within an hour, but in peak periods, it could be as much as within 72 hours of receiving the message.
And be patient please

Good Luck
Need Help? Let's chat.