cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Changing plan from 25$ to 15$

amitbhagat
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

What will be the impact on rewards, add-ons and other benefits received through boxing week deal. Will they remain as it is? 

53 REPLIES 53

SAM-A
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

@darlicious Probably! I cannot recall and found no email just SMS that the reward has been credited. This is great to know!

I dont have that 5GB data offer on account activation, but @amitbhagat  was asking about this. 

Thank you! 

@SAM-A 

You are in bc or alberta and recieved the matching shaw mobile bonus offer that was texted to you and you responded YES? That will remain on your account. The only thing at risk is the 5gb data add on recieved when activating a plan $25+.

@amitbhagat 

If you have already recieved the 30 day credit that will stay you only risk losing the 5gb data add on. The details of the promotion clearly state that you will lose it but if you can live without it and would prefer to save $10 a month you can always be the sacrificial lamb and ask yourself "Do you feel lucky?"

Bonus data add ons have supposedly been coded to disappear (since Dec 4th 2019) when a plan change occurs but this has found to be YMMV depending on the promotion or sometimes the plan change (upgrade/downgrade) with either resulting in a negative or positive outcome. All it takes is one brave soul to answer many a members question. If you choose to try then count on losing it and if you don't lose it then its an added bonus to your bonus data add ons....and you are everyones hero!

Are you going to take one for the team? No pressure.......lol!

SAM-A

@softech Likewise! I guess it was one odd time or may be I had join PM during some offer as I joined 2 months before the rewards. LOL.

But I noticed it bit late and couldn't find any T&C, I guess then its hit and trial. My current plan has unlimited calling so it was never used. 

Thank you! Appreciate your quick help!

@SAM-A   i have a feeling generally add-on will stay.. but I never receive an offer like this 😞 and I don't know what the T&C says.. PM should send me one so i know.. LoL

SAM-A

@softech I've question on similar lines, I got some bonus data and 500 minutes Free CAN LD mins in the month of Sept. This was some random offer.

Will the stay if I downgrade the plan from 35$ to 15$ or 25$? Just wondering if you've any idea😀 thank you!

@amitbhagat wrote:

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/on/plans/15for250MB-3Gspee

Here is the plan for 15$ @MoreYummy 

alright. go **bleep**. 🙂  good starter plan for anyone.

SAM-A

I feel the same as mentioned by @softech that probably 500 MB bonus might be link with 25$ / 30 day.

The reason why I say so is because the current lunar year offer states the same. Please go through the T&C of the current offer.

SAM-A

@amitbhagatokay 🙂 thank you! Mine would be probably before that! If i'll change the plan, then I will keep you posted.

But I wont be able to confirm regarding the 500 MB bonus as that offer was for new customer joining in the month of Dec'20.

amitbhagat

@SAM-A it's 1st march

@amitbhagat wrote:

That's what my question is, I have 2+5gb and 500 mins of international calling.. Will they be as it is on plan change from 25 to 15?

your 2GB and 500 min is the Holiday Giveaway, they will stay

I think the 5GB is the boxing day activation bonus, that I am not sure..

SAM-A

@amitbhagat  when is the renewal date for your account?

could you please keep us posted here after the renewal of your account?

I was wondering the same; would be nice to have the confirmation if someone actually has experienced the same. Thank you!

amitbhagat

Have you experienced? 

MoreYummy
Mayor / Maire

whjich $15 plan you are getting? just curious

amitbhagat

Thanks for the response 

@amitbhagat wrote:

@NDesai I have 2+5 gb data and 500 mins international calls received on activation of the new sim in last week of Dec'20 for the plan 25$ and more..

Will these benefits remained as it is? 

That will stay as they are already added to your account. Only the monthly credit or data would not apply due to plan change. 

amitbhagat

That's what my question is, I have 2+5gb and 500 mins of international calling.. Will they be as it is on plan change from 25 to 15?

amitbhagat

@NDesai I have 2+5 gb data and 500 mins international calls received on activation of the new sim in last week of Dec'20 for the plan 25$ and more..

Will these benefits remained as it is? 

It depends what the rewards are exactly. Any gift add-ons given away by PM such as the Christmas gifts are not a problem. But if you received some rewards directly tied to your new activation they may be at risk. Do you know what you received? Possibly your second month free which isn't a problem if you have already renewed for your second 30 day period. But if you got a 5 Gb add-on that only came with $25 or higher plans, it may quite likely be at risk.

AE_Collector

NDesai
Oracle
Oracle

@amitbhagat All rewards and add-ons will stay, but any promotional offer attached to your original plan will be terminated. So if you were getting $10 off or Data add-on as part of a promotional offer, you won't get that anymore for changing the plan. 

softech
Oracle
Oracle

Rewards and add-ons won't be affected.   Holiday bonus will stay.

(other One-time promotions could potentially be affected , depends on how they were added to the account and terms of that offer.

Need Help? Let's chat.