cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Changing my subscription plan

vichee07
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hello Public Mobile Community,

I have a few questions regarding my subscription. 

I paid for 90 day cycle until Jan 12, 2024. What happens if I cancel Public Mobile before my subscription cycle ends? Do I get my remaining balance back?

Currently, I set my subscription plan change to $34/month as of Jan 13, 2024. What happens if I change my subscription now? Do I get a refund for the difference?

Also, I changed my subscription on Oct 15 to get the benefit of the promotion (5G 3, 50G per month, $40/month for $45 on 90-day advance payment). I should have been charged $120 for 3 months with the promotion deal but I was charged $135. 

Thank you for your help with this in advance!

5 REPLIES 5

vichee07
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Thanks for the reply!

The tax is 5% which should have then be only $126.

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@vichee07 

if you use Change Plan now , you won't get the remaining balance back

better to use Change on Renewal to schedule the plan change after your current 90 days cycle.  PM usually will honour a schedule plan change as long as you make the Change on Renewal request when the deal is still available.  Please keep a screenshot of the schedule plan change for yourself

For the charge $120 vs $135, any chance it was just tax on top of $120?  

dust2dust
Mayor / Maire

1a - you would have to port out or ask support to cancel before your plan ends. 1b - No.
2a - You would pay now and lose all that you had paid for the previous plan. 2b - No. See 1b above.

It sounds like you might have got on to the 30 day plan. Are you sure about your plan expiry?

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

#1...nope

#2...nope

# 3...use this link to message Customer Support re: if you were overcharged.

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

@vichee07 wrote:

Hello Public Mobile Community,

I have a few questions regarding my subscription. 

I paid for 90 day cycle until Jan 12, 2024. What happens if I cancel Public Mobile before my subscription cycle ends? Do I get my remaining balance back?

Currently, I set my subscription plan change to $34/month as of Jan 13, 2024. What happens if I change my subscription now? Do I get a refund for the difference?

Also, I changed my subscription on Oct 15 to get the benefit of the promotion (5G 3, 50G per month, $40/month for $45 on 90-day advance payment). I should have been charged $120 for 3 months with the promotion deal but I was charged $135. 

There are no refunds and no credits given for partially used plans.  To avoid losing the remainder of you existing plan, avoid using the immediate plan change option. Instead, pre-schedule a plan change to occur at the time of the next renewal.

Need Help? Let's chat.