cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Changed plans and paid twice.

ApatheticFlow1
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I've been on auto pay for a long time and been with PM for almost 20 years and I have been very satisfied all along.

My plan gets renewed on the 29 of each month so October 29th auto pay charged my credit card with means I'm paid up until November 29th. My issue is today I decided to change plans and went with the 34$ plan and instead of waiting until the 29th of November to change plans I figured I'd do it now, but I assumed PB would deduct what I already paid which is 25$ minus 7$ for loyalty etc so I assumed PM would deduct the 18$ I already paid for the month and subtract it from the total of my new plan which was 34$ plus tax so 39$-18$ = 21$. If I new I'd be paying twice I would of waited until the end of the month when my existing plan ends and than I would of paid the 34$ plus tax. I think it's a little ridiculous that right after I pay for the month even though I changed plans why would anyone pay for there old monthly plan plus the new amount for the new plan. I definitely would of waited until November 29th before switching plans. Basically its like I paid 52$ for the 34$ plan.

I hope PM can refund me the difference or even charge me only 16$ plus tax on December 4th.

I realize it's the system that charged me what it did, but considering I paid 25$ on November 29th why would I pay another 34$ just to change plans now. If I was aware I would of waited until my existing plan ended on December 29th before changing plans.

So I'm requesting a 16$ refund or credit from PM.

I'm sure everyone would agree with what I'm saying otherwise I would of waited and not change plans 5 days after paying for existing plan for the month. 

8 REPLIES 8

ApatheticFlow1

Why is everyone stuck on the little mistakes I make Instead of lookin' at the bigger picture geez. I just looked via the link you posted and it's the 25th of the month, but payments show up on my credit card on the 29th what can I say it is what it is. And yes I see were the loyalty amounts are posted and it does seem to change monthly by a day. Anyway if I look in my bank account like I'm doing right now it shows the charge of 18$ on he 29th of October that's why I said that it's not like I'm trying to lie or deceive it's a simple mistake that really shouldn't attract so much attention compared to the issue on hand. Last time I'm replying to anyone who seem to be more involved in trying to prove a member is wrong about minor things like some of you here claim to be doing. I still paid for the month and than 5 days later upgraded meaning at the end of the line I'm spending more money with PM for data I won't even end up using, but because it's cheap and I figured you never know when I might be in a situation where I need more data so that's the only reason why I changed. I do regret it now a bit, but I'm still gonna have a great day regardless. 

/end rant / lock this thread before more people jump onto the bandwagon of giving their opinions that I don't need. You know what they say about opinions huh ?

They're like assholes everyone has one.

@ApatheticFlow1  for the "29th of each month", that really won't be the case.   PM is on a 30 days cycle and plan renewal date will move up one day AFTER EVERY 31 DAYs MONTH.  Check your payment history page and check out the renewal date in the past year and you will see it changed

https://myaccount.publicmobile.ca/en/account/payment/payment-history

ApatheticFlow1

@ Maurelle I'm not here to debate with you about when my plan gets renewed I think I know wen they charge my credit card snd that's on the 29th of each month regardless what you think or claim. As for me claiming I've been with PB for 20 years I will clarify since it's obvious your here to argue and not help and if your not gonna help than keep your comments to yourself please. Okay so to be specific I've had this number for over 20 years. Been with PB since day one and been on auto pay for 10 years. I never go to the forums because I've never really had issues before. I did join the community way back xant remember exactly when, but I had to create another account and change usernames because it said that my existing name is in use already hence me adding the 1 to the end of my forum name.

Clarified enough for you now. The fact your trying to pick apart what I say and as you claim out of curiosity although I doubt it's over curiosity and it's clear your not here to help Instead your throwing your finger in my face for making a mistake. I'm not here to prove anything to you all I did was not wait until the end of my ild plan before switching to a new plan and if it means I lose 18$ it's not the end of the world I'll still be a satisfied customer and I'll accept the lose as a mistake on my part. But, if it happened to you I'm sure you'd probably post something here s it doesn't happen to others which is my main reason for posting this.

Your claims of I should know this and I should know that isn't helping I'm sure you should be aware of many things that you might not be, but Luke I said if your not gonna help than why post if it's only negative. Some people I tell you are you posting to get a few bucks from PM for "helping" in the forums or what ?

I jut wanna say thank you to the members who commented positively.

Probably better just to lock this thread I'll pm who I need to and I won't be replying to anyone who is talking out of their arse if your not here to help or give me positive input than plz keep your negative comments to yourself.

maurelle
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

@maximum_gato wrote:

@ApatheticFlow1 

In all of your many years here have you not learned there is no pro-rating at pm? Or technically refunds? In your case you should have just scheduled a change plan on next renewal to the new plan.

Adding to this....

I have not taken screenshots when I changed my partner's plan a few weeks ago, but I clearly remember that there were clear warnings about losing remaining portions of the existing plan. If I hadn't been exactly clear on what this meant I'd have stopped the process and come here to inquire about the ins and outs of the process before accepting the change.

It's also impossible that the op's Public Mobile "plan gets renewed on the 29 of each month" - at least since 2015 plan cycles here have been 30 days and not monthly. So renewal day is changing during months that have 31 or 28/29 days.

And, this one is really just to satisfy my curiosity... how can they have "been on auto pay for a long time and been with PM for almost 20 years"  when the original, indipendant Public Mobile was launched in spring 2010 (bought by Telus in fall 2013)? 

maximum_gato
Mayor / Maire

@ApatheticFlow1 

In all of your many years here have you not learned there is no pro-rating at pm? Or technically refunds? In your case you should have just scheduled a change plan on next renewal to the new plan.

If you immediately contact customer support and explain your honest mistake you can ask to be returned to your original plan and a credit for your new plan for which you can use towards paying for it once you schedule a change plan on next renewal to it.

Asking to stay on the new plan that you basically haven't used and a refund/credit for the old plan that you used for nearly a week likely won't be granted. Ask for the option that least contravenes pm's official policies.

Good luck!

Edit:

Send a private message including as much info as possible. As far as I know the chatbot is still broken.

Hollister
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@ApatheticFlow1 

Ask for a credit to your account. An actual refund will take longer.

ApatheticFlow1

Will do. Thank you!

Hollister
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@ApatheticFlow1 

You can contact an agent:

You will receive a response from an agent faster using the first option below, which is the preferred method.

• Get help with your account the easy way by starting a conversation with our virtual assistant, SIMon. It’ll take you to relevant help articles, or if it’s something more urgent, it can help you submit a ticket to our Agents. Click here to get started.
  • Alternatively, you can send a private message to our Agents by clicking here. You’ll need to be logged in to your Community account for the link to work.

During business hours, we strive to answer customer messages swiftly. You will often get an answer within an hour. During peak periods, you may need to wait up to 48 hours.Customer Support Agents are available:

• Monday to Sunday: 9 AM to 10 PM EST

Keep an eye on the envelope icon in top right hand corner for a reply from the agent.

Need Help? Let's chat.