cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Changed plan, paid, can't make calls all day

zachjack
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

account number: 1000000xxxxxx   I figure I just have to wait for the plan to change over, but I'm just wondering when I can call people. I did pay it. Maybe someone could check the status?

18 REPLIES 18

zachjack

So it’s friday, I messaged mods on Wednesday, I’m wondering how long this is going to be?! I have a wedding in one day this is worst timing of my life hahaha

This happens to someone else today or yesterday that I was helping.

Due to plan purchase twice, in both cases the data only has become the base plan, stopping calls and texts.

To get calls working quickly, install Fongo, and get a free Canadian number.

If you want text and calling right away, install TextNow instead, also get a Canadian number free here.

Unfortunately, plans are going to need moderator Team assistance o fix.

@will13am wrote:

@mimmo wrote:

If you look at the payment history is strange because it does not show a calling feature.  And it is also strange that it shows autopay twice, and that you have a balance, after a renwalor change your balance should be 0.

If it was my account I would attempt another plan change possibly to the 10$ talkand text and that might reset your account. 

Something does look strange.  On the one screen, the plan includes talk and text.  On the other screen it does not.  Interestingly, the province wide talk, text, and 2GB LTE data plan costs $47 and so does 2GB LTE data only. 

The province wide talk, unlimited text and 2g LTE on my computer is only $45 but the Build Your own base plan with 2gb LTE is $47. So it appears to me that it took out for the build your own and that is what you got, Data only, even though it is showing the ready made $45 2gb Lte information! That is how I see it.

@mimmo wrote:

If you look at the payment history is strange because it does not show a calling feature.  And it is also strange that it shows autopay twice, and that you have a balance, after a renwalor change your balance should be 0.

If it was my account I would attempt another plan change possibly to the 10$ talkand text and that might reset your account. 

Something does look strange.  On the one screen, the plan includes talk and text.  On the other screen it does not.  Interestingly, the province wide talk, text, and 2GB LTE data plan costs $47 and so does 2GB LTE data only. 

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

We're all PM customers and can only offer peer support. We can make suggestions for you or best guess answers. If all that fails, then you'll have to wait until the moderators can get back to you with support. Lately that turn-around time has been up to 48hrs or more. We all share your frustrations and really wish we could help. In the meantime...we'll keep thinking how to help you.

zachjack

I just need someone to help me

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@zachjack, please do not post personal information in the public forum.  I redacted some of the posts that contained personal information. 

KMG
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Unfortunately, the response time still seems to be 24-48hrs...

zachjack

I messaged a mod, this morning. Sucks 

KMG
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Do you have another phone that you can test the SIM in?  It sounds like something went wrong with your plan change.  If the SIM doesn't work in another phone, I would contact the Moderator Team.

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437
https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Knowledge-Base/The-Public-Mobile-Moderator-Team/ta-p/...

zachjack

Screen Shot 2018-10-03 at 8.12.55 PM.png

zachjack

I've of course shut the phone off on and on, airplane mode, sim in and out

zachjack

Nothing works
Screen Shot 2018-10-03 at 8.09.46 PM.png

Try simple things first. Cycle handset off and on. See if that makes any difference.

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

What does your account status say? Were you expired and tried the new plan change feature?

Can you show your payment history?

Edit you beat me to it.  If you can post the payment history.  There was a case yestetday with a strange progression of payments....

Does anything else work data texting?

zachjack

I had a 9gb 3 month 150$ plan, bill was due today, switched to the 2gb 1 month 47$ plan. Says my account is active, but I can't make any calls. 

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

What did you change plan from / to ?

Need Help? Let's chat.