cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Changed my number online now my phone doesnt work

sheenarix
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I changed my phone number on the website and now my sim card isnt working. i restarted my phone many times and took out the sim a few times and neither have helped. What can i do to get my sim card working again? My bill is paid and not due again until the 9th of september.

21 REPLIES 21

@sheenarix 

Bear in mind, it’s not our website, we are all just customers here, like you, not public mobile employees

I would recommend filing another support ticket by messaging using the following link and ask them to escalate the matter to a senior customer support agent.  

Send a private message to the Customer Support Agent by clicking here 

You’ll need to be logged into your Community account for the link to work.

Watch for their response in your Community private mailbox which will be indicated by a number on the small envelope icon to the left of your Community avatar.

You've been with me? Does my wife know that? LOL. Kidding of course. So, then confirm they match. Log in and match the numbers.

sheenarix

I have tried all this and maxed myself out on trying to change the phone number. There is an error on my account that needs to be cleared from IT but I can't file a ticket your website is giving me an error

HI @sheenarix 

can you stil login My Account?

don't need to worry ticket closed, just message them and ask them to escalate

But i am thinking a new sim card might help.  It's not the sim card fault, but with a new sim card, the account would got refreshed

@sheenarix 

try rebooting your device, and if a physical Sim card, removing it, and then re-inserting it in your device

You could also try changing the number again since you’re allowed to do it four times per cycle

sheenarix

I haven't changed sim cards since I've been with you. So I don't know how they wouldn't match

sheenarix

Not porting my number. I was just trying to do a phone number change 

I would log into your account, go to profile an on your right hand side, confirm the SIM numbers match. Also the phone number. We're just trying to delete problems in our heads to help you further.

@sheenarix 

still worth trying the above recommendations.

Are you relatively new here and attempting to port your number from another provider here?

If so, did you respond YES to the port authorization request Within 90 minutes of receiving it?

Hi @sheenarix 

Follow @HALIMACS advice and see if that works. And if it is SIM card related, see if your phone can handle an eSIM. Might be an option.

sheenarix

I try to make a call and it automatically ends and says "Number changed by sim"

I can assure you it's not my device

HI @sheenarix 

what did they say? 

just message them again

and can you login My Account?  if you can, could be just sim card problem, maybe a new sim card and change sim card can resolve it quickly

@sheenarix 

Is there any messaging that comes with the error?
Can you please try the Sim card in another device to see what happens?

While you’re at it, try another working Sim card in your device to see if the services work.

This is all in an effort to exclude device versus Sim card issue

sheenarix

I was already a member yes

sheenarix

Yes I've tried everything. I had filed a ticket but one of your agents closed it on me without a resolution...

sheenarix

There is an error on my account that won't allow me to use my sim card, I filed a ticket, however, your representative closed it on me prematurely and my issue has not been resolved. Did all the troubleshooting steps but nothing has worked. It's an issue on your end. Please help me fix this.

Priority
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

You'll have to contact the Customer Supporr Agent when this happens, it requires a reset from the backend as the SIM just isn't provisioning properly with the new number. 

Have you tried taking your SIM Card out and putting it back in?

Chalupa_Batman
Mayor / Maire

Just to clarify. You were already a member of Public Mobile? You changed numbers because you didn't want the other one or did you port in a number from a different provider. Just need clarity on this to give you the best answer so we can assist you best.

sheenarix

tried these things. tried all the troubleshooting there is to do, nothing is working

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@sheenarix  Gently wipe the SIM card off and make sure to fit it in properly no rising or lifting and push it in all the way . You can also try resetting network setting too . This will cause you to have to re enter your wifi password no biggie thou . If still no luck please submit ticket with support to help 

private message   To CS_Agents click          

VVVVV      Link below    VVVVV

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

HI @sheenarix 

try also Reset All networks

if not working still, please submit a ticket with CS agent here:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Need Help? Let's chat.