cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Change to new $15 plan not available?

g4ry
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi,

I'm currently on the old $15 plan that doesn't include the unlimited incoming minutes.

I would like to change to the new plan, but it doesn't show up as an option when I try to change my plan... only the $25 and up plans are options.  

I've read lots of previous posts of users changing from the old $15 to the new $15 plan using this method, so I'm a little confused.

(An no, the unlimited incoming minutes doesn't show up on my plan details).

Thanks,

Gary

6 REPLIES 6

g4ry

Thank you all for the helpful replies.  It turns out you were all correct...
-Even though the unlimited incoming calls doesn't show up on the plan details, it is in fact active (verified by testing, as suggested).  As this account/sim is my backup, it has not been previously very actively used.
-I believe I switched to this from the "old" plan a few years ago, but when I saw that this feature was missing, I thought I must have forgot to do it (life was busy around that time).

Thanks again!

g4ry

Nezgar
Mayor / Maire

HI @g4ry - If you signed up in early 2019 or earlier, the version of the $15 plan offered at the time did NOT include unlimited incoming minutes - The $15 plan offered was changed a few months later, but you had to switch to it yourself.

The best way to confirm is to login to your self-serve portal, and check the current number of used/available minutes that show up on the first page. Then answer an incoming call for less than a minute. After ending the call, refresh the self-serve page and see if the used/available minutes has changed by one minute or not - it is basically instantaneous, so you should know right away if it's included or not at that point.

All calls will show on the usage history page, but that page has no indication of which calls did or did not consume minutes, so the aforementioned method is the best/only way to find out for sure.

If you need to change your plan, I hope there is still a way with the new portal - if not I'd open a ticket with the CS Agents, otherwise it would seem silly to have to upgrade to some other plan ie $25 plan to get the option to later switch to the $15 plan.

Let us know what you find!

g4ry

Thank you for the replies; I will verify tonight that the feature is indeed there, and get back.

Yummy
Mayor / Maire

Do not know how old is that $15 plan (I am aware of only old $10 plan with very limited features) but $15 Plan always had unlimited incoming calls.

Can you post your plan details screenshot?

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

@g4ry wrote:

(An no, the unlimited incoming minutes doesn't show up on my plan details).

HI @g4ry  it is not in the plan details but it is there

We got multiple confirmations that unlimited incoming is still part of the $15 plan.  

I can also confirm it is.  I have it.  I just had a renewal.  I make two calls each an hour long and the voice counter didn't move at all (no deduction).  So, I can confirm from my experience

No worry

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@g4ry   There is no need to make plan change.

The $15 plan still have unlimited incoming call.  With the new My Account portal, they just didn't put it there on your own Plan details, but it is still there

Some people just suggest to look at the plan change page with the $15 plans to see there is still description about the incoming calls.  You don't really need to change anything.  You didn't loss that feature

Need Help? Let's chat.