cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Change plan to $35 20GB

zmh1175
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

I am not new customer but when I change plan by entering the promotion code. it shows like picture. Do i get the discount next month? I saw koodo has very good plan now.

WeChat Screenshot_20221127225219.png

29 REPLIES 29

Tony6688
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Existing customers, have you tried this promo on renewal? Did it work? 

Aiden

Updating myself as I saw this post and it does work for existing customers upon renewal

https://forums.redflagdeals.com/public-mobile-20gb-plan-35-15-months-new-existing-customers-only-plu...

coztex

Sorry, just to confirm, do we who switched on renewal get helped with the price adjustment by the admin only on the renewal date?

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@Gimp11   Thanks for confirming as PM has managed to totally confuse everyone around this promo being available for new customers.

HI @Gimp11  happy that you get it in the end

@brettster99 look like you are ok

Gimp11
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

No, they changed me to the 20gb 4G with the discount and started it immediately.

Hi @Gimp11   all "fixed up", so you are back to the old plan ? no plan updated?

brettster99
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@Gimp11 @hTideGnow  So that means I won’t get my discount it shows I am since I changed plan right away because it’s saying my bill next month is $32 including tax and after rewards applied.

Gimp11

They got back to me and said it was a glitch. They got me all fixed up and refunded me the difference. Couldn't of went better

HI @Gimp11   still unsure if was a glitch only or if existing member really allowed to use this plan

Anyway, let us know what happens in the end

Gimp11

I sent in a ticket for the same issue. Will i get my plan?

brettster99

I got it by changing plans immediately. Not sure about people who put it as change at renewal date 

Aiden

So @J_PM what you are confirming once again is that the “change plan upon renewal” for this $55 plan with $20 discount for 15months is a valid promotion for existing customers?

you just need to check with team why it’s not working?

Because it seems a lot of folks are doing this change upon next renewal to not lose out on current month of service they already paid for, and to take up this Black Friday deal that is working for existing members who decide to change plans right away and forfeit their current monthly paid service.

@J_PM wrote:

@will13am That's fair. I have the team investigating this case further. 

HI @J_PM   so, this $20 off for $55 plan is now extended to all existing customers?

@will13am That's fair. I have the team investigating this case further. 

Aiden

Sooo anyone else successfully renew on this Black Friday plan as existing customer and get the $20 off (along with grandfathered rewards or points)?

seems a good amount of folks that swapped to the $40/15gb is coming up for monthly renewal soon and expecting $35/20gb

dabr
Mayor / Maire

Thanks @J_PM  for an official response and clarification.  So customers should be able to contact support to get this rectified if the discount or plan change doesn't happen as scheduled?

@J_PM wrote:

@brettster99 the regardless of renewal or change the discount should be factored into new breakdown. Meaning the discount will apply in the new plan change. This could be a caching issue.  If the scheduled plan change is supposed to work, I would like to get the plan.  I would hate to be stuck on the current plan if things don't work out.

@J_PM , I have a reliable data point from a long term Public Mobile customer who scheduled a plan change to this deal and the $20 discount was not applied.  More interesting was the fact that the plan change did not take place.  The renewal was done to the old plan.  

@brettster99 the regardless of renewal or change the discount should be factored into new breakdown. Meaning the discount will apply in the new plan change. This could be a caching issue. 

brettster99

Can someone please at @PM just clear this up once and for all. @CS_Agent @J_PM please 

Ahannahford

I have the same issue if they charge me $55 a month im gonna be cheesed

JK8
Mayor / Maire

@coztex 

That is one of the discussion points in some of these threads. What is going to happen at renewal? The user @brettster99 above has confirmed that it works for an immediate plan change, but no one has confirmed what happens for a renewal change. Keep an eye on the threads/community for a customer to post their experience on a renewal change for this plan.

coztex

So, I just repeated the process and the $20 off discount was still not showing on my payment schedule /:

coztex

Okay it turns out to be a cache issue, thanks guys.

Anyway another problem:

coztex_0-1669620371180.png

Why is the payment schedule not showing the $20 discount anymore? I did put in the code 20OFFMONTHLY

brettster99

Well here’s my proof 

4A5F1BF1-690C-40B9-8949-8458E0743630.png

D6D844F0-58D7-4784-8B23-3577F3D34749.png

zmh1175

But when I check the payment page. it shows full amount 55 dollars before my regular reward discount.

@brettster99- Two pieces to resolve. 1. scheduling the plan to see what amount gets paid when it hits, 2. the next renewal after that to see if the $20 showed up.

brettster99

Nobody knows for sure on renewal. Someone has renewal set for tomorrow for this so we will see then. I did change now and I did get the discount 

Need Help? Let's chat.