cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Change plan after renewal

stewjacks
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi - my plan renewed today (90 day plan). I want to change to the newly discounted 40/month 5gb 4g plan (30 days). How do I do this? My only option online is to do it in January. They're the same price/month. Thanks

4 REPLIES 4

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@stewjacks 

It's worth a try. I would explain that with the new plans released yesterday but not pinned to the landing page until this morning coupled with the struggle to log into the new self serve account and navigate thru all of the changes you were unable to schedule a change plan on next renewal in time given your renewal date today. Just keep in mind that your 90 day plan has price protection whereas the new plans may or may not be protected in price. However I am sure pm would love to see Fall 2016 promo plan holders give up their 90 day plans so customer support would likely be amiable to switching you to the new plans.

dust2dust
Mayor / Maire

Interesting. I wonder if that will tempt out other old Fall 2016 special folks. Wasn't that plan also provincial?

As for the timing...I wonder if support would be accommodating since it's just the day. They can keep the other $80 in your balance.

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@stewjacks   If it just renewed today, then submit a ticket via chatbot and see if customer support will switch you over to the new plan since you'd have a 90 day wait if you schedule the plan change.  Reminder that you will be on a 30 day payment cycle after the change and will not be able to get back to a grandfathered plan either.

Here's couple of links to support.

chatbot:  https://widget.telus.tiia.ai/publicmobile/publicmobile.html

CS_Agent:   https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

@stewjacks wrote:

Hi - my plan renewed today (90 day plan). I want to change to the newly discounted 40/month 5gb 4g plan (30 days). How do I do this? My only option online is to do it in January. They're the same price/month. Thanks

While you could change your plan again to be effective today,  you would lose the entire amount that you just paid for your 90-day plan.  Sorry, but there isn't any around that if you want the new plan now.  To avoid this, you would need to go back into your account and pre-schedule to change to happen when your next renewal occurs.

Need Help? Let's chat.