cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Change of plan

XavierB
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I like to change my plan but seems going to charge me twice which happened to me last time when l changed. Now I’m on $30/month plan wanna change to 40/ 30 days. It’s a prepaid plans so why it ask me to pay amount due $30 first and then another $40 for new plan ? Because I already paid for 30 days and I’m sitting on 23 rd day. Ideally If I’m changing my plan l should pay for the new plan only not for the current plan that l don’t wanna renew on my next payment day!

Advise me please

26 REPLIES 26

@Anonymous wrote:

Well...probably too late now...but if it was just about needing data then @XavierB could also have bought a data add-on to tie him over until his renewal. Or he just wants a larger data bucket. Nobody mentioned that option (including me).

Maybe because most of OP's posts were concerned with the what was showing for his payments and his concern about being stuck with making two payments for the plan change...oh well his choice!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Well...probably too late now...but if it was just about needing data then @XavierB could also have bought a data add-on to tie him over until his renewal. Or he just wants a larger data bucket. Nobody mentioned that option (including me).

@computergeek541   Thanks, must have missed that post of OP.  Obviously if it makes more sense for OP to make an immediate plan then it's all good!

@dabr wrote:

@XavierB wrote:

Okay,I’m gonna pay $40 to my account and request for a plan change so it should be switched in to new plan

@XavierB   Make sure to select change at next renewal otherwise you will lose whatever features remain of your current plan and will have to make an immediate payment too and will also be on a new 30 payment cycle should you change immediately.

XavierB has already understand that the remaining days of the old plan will be lost and is stated to be okay with that. I can only assume that the data on old plan has ran out.

@XavierB wrote:

Okay,I’m gonna pay $40 to my account and request for a plan change so it should be switched in to new plan

@XavierB   Make sure to select change at next renewal otherwise you will lose whatever features remain of your current plan and will have to make an immediate payment too and will also be on a new 30 payment cycle should you change immediately.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@XavierB wrote:

Great. Do come back and let us know how it turned out. Future readers would also be interested.

Remember...no pro-rating/refunds. Just a new 30 day plan leaving behind what you had. Also keep in mind that changing from a no longer available plan will not allow you to change back.

XavierB

@XavierB 

You don't owe as in "heres your bill you owe us pay up!" Its telling you what it thinks is your usual payment to renew your service for the next 30 days. Its telling you that if you want to continue after that date you will owe that amount to pay for your next 30 days. If you had rewards or a balance (credit) it would deduct that from what you "owe". If you had autopay the system will automatically deduct the $2 reward from what you "owe" and tell you that you "owe" $28 instead of $30.

@XavierB wrote:

I assume even on renewal day the due will show as $30 if l pay $40 against new plan it will show $10 in my balance after deducting due amount. Then it will say not having enough balance for new plan and have to pay another $30 to get to new plan . It’s happened to me last time when l change plan and it’s unfair 

@XavierB   That shouldn't happen but sometimes things don't go as they should in which case you would need moderators to correct any overpayments.   As suggested earlier you can top up the amount of the new plan and your account balance will reflect that and that will be used to pay for your scheduled plan change. 

@XavierB wrote:

I assume even on renewal day the due will show as $30 if l pay $40 against new plan it will show $10 in my balance after deducting due amount. Then it will say not having enough balance for new plan and have to pay another $30 to get to new plan . It’s happened to me last time when l change plan and it’s unfair 

This assumption is incorrect. Your renewal date changes if you perform an immediate plan change. As other said, the scenario you have presented isn't how it works.

XavierB

@XavierB wrote:

You mean if l choose plan change on next renewal date the amount due showing will be only the new plan amount?

But why it’s showing amount due even before renewal date as its prepaid that makes me pay for current plan and new plan when I want an immediate plan change!

@XavierB   When you schedule a plan change at next renewal, unfortunately the overview page doesn't change amount due until the plan change takes place and your overview page will instead show what your payment is for your current plan, however, once the plan change takes place then you will see the correct amount showing for subsequent renewals.

@XavierB wrote:

You mean if l choose plan change on next renewal date the amount due showing will be only the new plan amount?

But why it’s showing amount due even before renewal date as its prepaid that makes me pay for current plan and new plan when I want an immediate plan change!

If you elect to Change right away...you'll only be billed for the new plan.

What you're looking at is costs for renewal of existing plan.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@XavierB wrote:

It's another of many quirks around here. You will not be charged again. You will forfeit value and features doing an immediate plan change as there is no prorating or refunds here.

Deposit sufficient funds into Available Funds. Do the plan change. All will restart for today and you have a new plan with a new 30 day term. Your old plan and renewal date will be gone.

@XavierB wrote:

That's the way the website is set up. Ignore it. You will not be charged the $30 now or on the 29th if you change to $40 plan immediately. 

XavierB

Anonymous
Not applicable

@XavierB wrote:

In my account summary says

Available funds:0.00

Payment due before: 29 September 

payment for next cycle:$30

Amount owing :$30

when I’m going to make a payment it says amount due is $30 So basically it will take $30 due first and then another $40 for new plan , this exactly happened to me in the past.

Actually there is no amount due now it will be due only on 29 th , the next renewal date.

may it’s better to go for some other providers!!

It doesn't work that way.

Click on Plan details to see if your scheduled plan change is in place.

If so then you're good to go.

However, there is a little bug in the system on plan changes. Make sure you have enough balance in your Available Funds to cover the larger cost plan. The bug might be for downgrading and you're upgrading but just to be sure. Then the renewal after that can just use autopay for what it needs.

On renewal night...the system will see enough funds and deduct from Available Funds for the required amount. First. It's only if there isn't enough that it will go to autopay if set up.

@XavierB wrote:

when I’m going to make a payment it says amount due is $30 So basically it will take $30 due first and then another $40 for new plan , this exactly happened to me in the past.

Actually there is no amount due now it will be due only on 29 th , the next renewal date.

@XavierB  If you scheduled a plan change for your next renewal then the payment information doesn't get updated until your plan renews and you will only be paying the amount of the new plan and not both (old and new).  It's just the way PM displays the account information. 

XavierB

@hairbag1 wrote:

@XavierB wrote:

I like to change my plan but seems going to charge me twice which happened to me last time when l changed. Now I’m on $30/month plan wanna change to 40/ 30 days. It’s a prepaid plans so why it ask me to pay amount due $30 first and then another $40 for new plan ? Because I already paid for 30 days and I’m sitting on 23 rd day. Ideally If I’m changing my plan l should pay for the new plan only not for the current plan that l don’t wanna renew on my next payment day!

Advise me please

You'll have the option to Change at Renewal. You won't be billed until renewal date.

You also have the option to Change plan Now. You'll be billed for the new plan right away and you'll forfeit any balance of talk/text/data is left on current plan.

Remember that PM offers no pro-rating or refunds on your forfeit.

@XavierB wrote:

I didn’t mind loosing remaining 6 days in my plan , only thing I don’t want is charge me $30 now which is showing as due and then another $40 for new plan!

If you peform an immediate plan change, you'll only get charged the price of the new plan.

XavierB

I didn’t mind loosing remaining 6 days in my plan , only thing I don’t want is charge me $30 now which is showing as due and then another $40 for new plan!

XavierB

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

PM is prepaid.

It is recommended to change on your next renewal date so you don't lose any unused minutes/texts or data.

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/bc/get-help/articles/change-your-plan

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

@XavierB wrote:

Advise me please

You'll have the option to Change at Renewal. You won't be billed until renewal date.

@XavierB wrote:

Advise me please

Sales are final at Public Mobile. This means that if you perform and immediate plan change, you lose that plan and any time remaining on it and you will not be compensated. You can schedule to have the system perform the change for your automatically on your next renewal time. This is the only way to avoid this.

Need Help? Let's chat.