cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Change number from BC to Ontario

mehulbalsara
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I am in BC and would move to Ontario. Can i get my BC's number changed to Ontario's without changing the SIM? And can I do that while I am in BC. I have my Ontario's address.

7 REPLIES 7

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Nezgar wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

And to add...you pay taxes based on the province that the area code belongs to.

...which means when switching from BC to ON the payment will increase by 1%. 😁

So.. you could topup before the new number... Or pick an Alberta number for 30 days and do a lump-sum topup for 7 or 8% less before then settling on an ON number. 😉

Or know someone in AB and have them buy vouchers for you. Or buy online where it seems only GST is being charged.

@Anonymous wrote:

...which means when switching from BC to ON the payment will increase by 1%. 😁

So.. you could topup before the new number... Or pick an Alberta number for 30 days and do a lump-sum topup for 7 or 8% less before then settling on an ON number. 😉

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

To change your phone number: sign in to Self-Serve, select ‘Change Number' under 'My Profile' on the Overview page. Here, you can choose to select a new phone number or to transfer a wireless or wireline number from another provider.

You can change it once every 30 days.

Anonymous
Not applicable

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

@mehulbalsara wrote:

I am in BC and would move to Ontario. Can i get my BC's number changed to Ontario's without changing the SIM? And can I do that while I am in BC. I have my Ontario's address.

Log into My Account / My Profile to make detailed change to your new location. Then you can also Change Number to a local one.

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@mehulbalsara wrote:

@mehulbalsara  Yes, just access your selfserve account online and select the "change phone number" option page under your profile info.

PM-Change-Number.png

You can do this anytime and select any Canada wide number. Note that you can change numbers once every 30 days.

JoyLuck
Mayor / Maire

@mehulbalsara wrote:

You can change to a new number every 30 days in self service.

numrr.jpg

Need Help? Let's chat.