cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Change from Physical SIM to eSIM

anp1
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi,

I have a $34/Month 50 GB data subscription. I have changed my old iphone (iphone 6) to iphone 15 plus. Iam unable to transfer SIM from old phine due to incompatibility of the operating systems. Can you arrange eSIM or the QR code to activate my new phone?

Thanks,

5 REPLIES 5

anp1
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Thank you very much. I did check my iPhone plus and found the physical SIM slot. After inserting the old SIM the phone functioned nicely. That confirms the old SIM is compatible with my new phone.

hamsterflight
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

The setup can potentially be a little problematic, but I personally like the eSIM over the physical SIM as if your phone ever gets stolen, the thief can remove your SIM card, but they can’t remove an eSIM without your password.

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

HI @anp1  your currency physical sim won't have any compatiblity issue on the iPhone 15, unless you got a US version which is esim only

So, just move our sim to the new one, and restore the iCloud backup and you will be in business

Chalupa_Batman
Mayor / Maire

There should be zero reason why your current SIM card won't work in your new iPhone. Personally, I do recommend eSIM. There are countless complaints about them here at PM.  I'd stick with a physical SIM card. 

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@anp1 

You will need to download the PM app on the iPhone 15+, login to your account, purchase a new eSIM and change the SIM card number to the eSIM.

Much easier to pop out the old SIM and put it in the iPhone 15+. Both iPhones should be nano size SIM tray.

Unless it is an American iPhone 15+ where it has a dual eSIM. The Canadian iPhone 15+ have SIM and eSIM.

Need Help? Let's chat.