cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Recharge voucher activation

Matilda102938
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi there,

I am an Australian traveling the US, heading to Mexico and then Canada soon. I have purchased a voucher on recharge.com for public mobile but am unable to activate it. When I call 611 it only calls tello as I have a tello sim here currently. If I take that out it won’t call at all as I obviously don’t have a sim. I just want to know how to activate it when I land in Canada! I’m quite confused so any help is much appreciated!

3 REPLIES 3

@Matilda102938 

you can actually load your voucher before you are back in Canada 

Download VoIP app TextNow (or Fongo if TextNow does not work).  Setup a new and free Canadian number with the app.  Then call 1.855.4PUBLIC with the VoIP app and you can load the voucher you got from recharge.com  that way

Matilda102938
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Thank you for your reply! So I won't be able to activate until I'm in Canada? And once I call that number when I want to top up, do you know if I should be able to use my recharge.com voucher? 

fixin1
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@Matilda102938 - You will need a Credit Card / Debit Card to activate. So you can get a Vanilla Prepaid Visa card to activate.

Also when you top-up call 1-855-4PUBLIC on any phone to load up balance once activated.

Also you will have to activate within the app - which your region must be set to Canada to get the app unfortunately.

Also if you are on Android you can download the Public Mobile APK here: https://apkpure.com/public-mobile/com.telus.publicmobile 

Need Help? Let's chat.