cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Change Plan and Remove Autopay?

Kishnabe
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hello, 

I have a pending plan change on a renewal date. I also took off Autopay, not using the phone for about 70 days.

If my renewal date was the 21st of this month, it won't charge me because auto pay is off right?

Rather when I want to reactivate the plan within 90 days.

Thanks

5 REPLIES 5

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@Kishnabe 

They won't take funds....but if they add funds it can happen. But if you are at $0 balance you should be fine. Screenshots! You are a smart cookie! Enjoy your trip.

Kishnabe
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hopefully that isn't the case. I have seen the Lost/Stolen glitch thread, want to avoid that.

If for some reason it does add funds without my permission. I have take pictures of my funds being at zero, and disabling autopay. Will message customer service if they do take funds and activate the plan.

Fine on missing out on $2 rewards for one month. 

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@Kishnabe 

I prefer to suspend via lost/stolen before midnight eastern on day 30. This keeps voice-mail active but requires you to ask for your rewards to be applied manually once you reactivate.

You can also suspend via lost/stolen between about 12:15 am eastern and 2am eastern once your rewards are applied. But you lose having an active voice-mail. 

Disabling autopay means you lose out on your $2 autopay reward. If you have balance less than your plan amount and you disable autopay if for some reason your account gets a credit that will increase your balance to equal or exceed your plan amount your account can be reactivated without your knowledge. Lost/stolen prevents anything from happening within your account......except cancelation and deactivation if you miscalculate your day 90?!!

@Kishnabe wrote:

I have a pending plan change on a renewal date. I also took off Autopay, not using the phone for about 70 days.

If my renewal date was the 21st of this month, it won't charge me because auto pay is off right?

Rather when I want to reactivate the plan within 90 days.

Unless here are already enough funds in the account, the plan will not renew when pre-authorized payments are disabled.

Need Help? Let's chat.