cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Change Number of Rings before Voicemail

rpurfurst
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I would like to increase the number of rings my cellphone rings before it transfers to voicemail.  Presently it is 3 and I would like to increase to 5 or 6

14 REPLIES 14

HI @zcbm 

not everyone able to get it working now because not everyone has conditional forwarding working

please ask support agent to fix your conditional forwarding first.  Submit a ticket with CS Agent using this Chatbot link:  https://widget.telus.tiia.ai/publicmobile/publicmobile.html  Type the question "Submit ticket", Then click the following in order: "Contact Us" ,  "Other",  "Log In".  
If any issue with ticket submission, you can  submit by direct message:  
      https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437       

zcbm

That didn't work. What do you do after entering the sequence of numbers?

Dejan25

e6fc3999-656e-4009-89c3-af4083572ace.jpeg

 I’m getting the above error when entering that code. Anyone know of a fix? 

Thank you 

wilburt

**61*17783240667*11*30#

I used the above code on 2 android phones. Both have android 11. One is a Nokia and the other is Motorola. A friend with another carrier used the same code with an Android 10 Motorola.

30 will give you 6 rings or so. Substitute your voicemail # in place of mine. Works perfectly. You can find the voicemail # under "call forwarding" settings. 

@softech 

that's very nice of you

I like the fact that you have been going through old threads and introducing past solutions to the OP. especially something like that, because it was the best answer. 

what I would do is re-create that post and make it your own.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@softech wrote:

You guys not just know everything.. but remember everything too  👍

No that was just plain ol' search.

There's no reason why you can't take what someone else wrote some other time and copy it or re-word it or whatever. I see it on rare occasions like hey...that's my writing. But I personally try to re-word things so it's not a straight copy.

You guys not just know everything.. but remember everything too  👍

Anonymous
Not applicable

This post appears to be the first mention of it here by a user that is actually still around. But the dial code is from way back as a GSM code that has been carried through.

We found you.. thanks @gpixel !!!!

it was me 🤫

nezgar

cool.. i just copy and paste his post directly so he still deserve the credit  🙂

Also, thanks to whoever found this or post it the very first time  🙂

Anonymous
Not applicable

@softech : geopublic was prolific here for a while and then he dropped out of sight. I hardly think he was the first to come with that 30 seconds thing though.

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@rpurfurst wrote:

I would like to increase the number of rings my cellphone rings before it transfers to voicemail.  Presently it is 3 and I would like to increase to 5 or 6

To give you a visual, and add to @softech post...

this is what you dial to see what your current setting is already set at:

esjliv_0-1622766539497.png

*30 seconds, which equals 5 rings, the maximum allowable.

Then you will see your current setting, looking something like this:

esjliv_1-1622766539499.png

to change to 30 seconds, this would be entered:

**61*19025804001*11*30#

softech
Oracle
Oracle

hope this helps,   Credit goes to @geopublic : 

The number of rings is determined by the 'number of seconds to wait' before forwarding the call to your voicemail. Get your PM voicemail number from your Phone Dialer settings.

Dial this sequence: *61 *16475804001*11 *[then enter number of seconds to wait] # [SEND or CALL].

For the number of seconds to wait - choose from the following options:

1. For one ring, enter 5.
  2. For two rings, enter 10.
  3. For three rings, enter 15.
  4. For four rings, enter 20.
  5. For five rings, enter 25.
  6. For six rings, enter 30 (This is the maximum number of rings/seconds).

SAMPLE: *61*16475804001*11*20#[SEND or CALL] - sets your phone to ring four times (20 seconds) before going to your voicemail. Best to check mailbox.

Solved: Number of rings before voice mail? - Community (publicmobile.ca)

Need Help? Let's chat.