cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cell signal very weak or no signal on and off all day today

Shorty_J
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Yes, my husband and I are both PM users and we have both noticed on our two separate devices that our cell signal (which is usually three bars where we are located in Ontario Canada) has been fluctuating from one bar to no signal on and off all day. We have restarted our devices and even swapped SIM cards just to make sure it wasn't a device issue. Our accounts are both active and renewal is not until the end of the month. So we would like to know what's going on? Is anyone else having this issue? I can't find any information on an outages so PM what is up? 
@PM_agents 

12 REPLIES 12

Cosmos411

Thanks for the reply hTideGnow.  I have tried 3 phones now.  This problem happened at the same time I got a new phone.  I thought it was my new Blackview so I let it go for a month.  I finally gave up and returned it.  I went back to my Umidigi that has touch screen issues and it was "moderately" better but still garbage (when it was perfect just a month earlier).  I ended up getting a Moto G Pure and it's still garbage.  I'll follow up with a CS like you suggested.  Thanks again.

HI @Cosmos411   It could be that PM is working on the network in your area and your 3G network might be affected by the work they were doing

did you try to PM sim on another phone?  Maybe it works better on another phone ?

I think you should open ticket with PM CS agent, let them know your location and hopefully they can check if there is any active issue witht the Antennas in your area.  Please open ticket at

https://publicmobile.ca/chatbot. Follow this to get to ticket open screen quicker:

start by typing : Contact CS Agent
then Click "Contact Us"
then Click "Other"
finally Click "Click here to submit a ticket"
you will then direct to another page to open ticket.

After ticket is submitted, make sure to check your Community Inbox(top right corner envelope icon) periodically for response from PM's CS Agent

If you have problems submitting a ticket, you can also send a private message to the CS Agent (but this can take longer):
https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Cosmos411

This isn't a solution, just a reply to say you aren't alone.  I've been having this problem in Niagara area of Ontario as well.  I've been with PM for a couple of years and have always had excellent reception at my home.  Suddenly about 2 months ago I have to go outside for a cell call to work.  I can hear the person on the other end, but they can't hear me.  I'm down to one bar (if that) where it used to be a full signal before.  Unfortunately I haven't found a solution to the problem.  I'll try switching to 3G only like others have mentioned.  I'm thinking Telus is shutting off their 3g signals prematurely, but that's only speculation.

Shorty_J

Thank you all for your help

carebear20424
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I live in Ontario as well and have 4 bars.  No issues here.  It could be your area only.

Shorty_J

Thanks ya we tried all of the above... so hopefully whatever the issue is it's resolved soon cause the service is barely usable like this. Will give it the night and see if tomorrow it's any better and if not then I will be getting in contact with cs agents for additional support. Thanks everyone for your help.

@Shorty_J 

if both phones have the same issues, likely it is a network issue  Usually changing from 3G only might help a bit but not in your case. 

One last thing you can try is to reseat the SIM or swap your 2 PM SIMs from the 2 phones, this could trigger a reprovision of your SIM cards and it might help

If that doesn't work either,  then just hope they will have the network issue fixed soon 

Shorty_J

Ok thanks maybe that is it will contact cs agent if problem persists 

Yummy
Mayor / Maire

If it is not mentioned here: https://www.telus.com/en/nt/outages?linktype=ge-footer

then it could be local, temporary outage or just equipment acting out due to weather... It is hit and miss with cell service.

MrSpock
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@Shorty_J they have been doing a lot of maintenance after the major storms a few weeks ago 

you can contact  a cs agent explain your problem  Click here or if you are having issues with Simon you can send private message to a CS Agent here:  https://bit.ly/2GGCJzH

Shorty_J

Hi thanks for that but we have both tried that with no change 

MrSpock
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@Shorty_J hi go into your settings and manualy switch to 3 g reboot your phones 

Need Help? Let's chat.