cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Carry services from Public Mobile to Telus?

pogkev
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hey guys, I'm wondering if it's possible to carry over my services from Public Mobile to Telus? I was planning on getting a new phone but since PM doesn't offer any phones, would I be able to transfer my available funds towards a Telus account?? 

13 REPLIES 13

DOA
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

I guess if the OP isn't really attached to his number, he could sell the whole account to someone who could use it . . . at a discount, of course.

Anonymous
Not applicable

The problem with all these "excess" funds is that it's not real money. Ideas have been floated before like maybe giving some of those funds to charity or something. But then that's converting not-real money to real money.

Unless one is foolish to pre-load a pile of real money into ones account...it just ain't real. It _saves_ spending real money. But it's still not real.

DOA
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@pogkev wrote:

It was reward over the christmas! I've refered atleast over 50 people and PM was giving out $20 for every referral.I  Was just wondering if theres are any other ways to use my available funds other than buying add ons/upgrading the plan. I'm happy with no phone bill but it would be nice if there are other "stuff" I can use it on 🙂

Telus should probably hire you and put you in charge of sales.

markmyles

@pogkev wrote:

Hey @markmyles! I was planning on doing that! But I just have a large left over balance when PM had their christmas promotion going on, where if you refer someone, they reward you with $20 each person plus $1 per month. I've managed to refer atleast 50 people and just sitting on a 2 year $0 bill!

Thanks for the response 😊

Cool, @pogkev! Hey perhaps you could get someone from the @CS_Agent involved and see if they can give you some special options like carrying forward your excess to a second account for a family member or someone special like for a gift or something?

pogkev

Hey @markmyles! I was planning on doing that! But I just have a large left over balance when PM had their christmas promotion going on, where if you refer someone, they reward you with $20 each person plus $1 per month. I've managed to refer atleast 50 people and just sitting on a 2 year $0 bill!

Thanks for the response 😊

pogkev

Thank you for information! I will definitely give telus a shout and ask that!

Follow up question: Is there anything else i can purchase other than add ons/upgrading my plan? 

pogkev

Sorry if I sounded like I was leaving PM. I was just wondering if there any other ways I can use my available funds other than add ons/upgrading my plan! I really like PM but I have acquired atleast over 50 people over the christmas promotion where when you refer a person, PM gives you $20 each person plus the $1 per month. Just asking if theres anything else other than $0 bill for the next 2 years.

pogkev

It was reward over the christmas! I've refered atleast over 50 people and PM was giving out $20 for every referral.I  Was just wondering if theres are any other ways to use my available funds other than buying add ons/upgrading the plan. I'm happy with no phone bill but it would be nice if there are other "stuff" I can use it on 🙂

markmyles

Why not stay with Public Mobile and purchase a refurbished new phone from best buy or something like that. Cheaper, but basically brand new!

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@pogkev 

PM is a prepaid service provider.  There is no refund for prepaid plan in Canada including PM.

You may ask Telus to give you bill credit equal the amount of available fund  in your PM account as condition to switch to Telus.  Since you will be signing a 2 years contract with Telus in order to get a phone, they may give you what you want.  Since you are leaving PM, moderator has no reason to refund you to let you go as PM has not control of which provider your are switching to.

Edit: There is no free lunch.  You get a free phone at Telus for 2 years contract.  You will be paying higher monthly plan fee.  Do your calculation.  It may be cheaper to stay with PM and use the monthly saving to pay for a new phone.

LovesToPM
Mayor / Maire

@pogkev wrote:

Hey guys, I'm wondering if it's possible to carry over my services from Public Mobile to Telus? I was planning on getting a new phone but since PM doesn't offer any phones, would I be able to transfer my available funds towards a Telus account?? 

No you cannot transfer the available funds to Telus.

If you port out or close your PM account, the available funds are gone.

gblackma
Mayor / Maire

@pogkev You cannot take any available funds from PM to Telus. By available funds, I assume you mean a credit balance in your account. You may ask for a refund, unless its from a promo, Im unclear as to wether a refund will be issued for that. You can port your number over to Telus, unclear if you need help to do it. But you need a Valid PM account to do so. Sorry to see you go. 

Why don't you use Koodo? Cheeper than Telus, with phones. Same applies as to carrying funds. However to port into a Koodo prepaid acount. You would need help from Koodo.

@pogkev wrote:

totalUser
Mayor / Maire

Did you overpay or was it reward you earned.

The first one you can get back but the second one you lose with the account

There are some nice phones you can buy for less than the difference in plan price you would have to pay over 2 or 3 years for the new phone.

You can now get umidigi a5 pro for 130 or doogee s95 for under450

You can just port as usual from public to Telus, walk into a store and they'll do it for you

Need Help? Let's chat.