cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cant text, call or use data after changing sim card

flowerpower
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I changed my sim card from koodo last night and switched my phone number over as well. I got the text from koodo to confirm I wanted to switch and I said yes. However it’s been a lot longer than the 2 hours they estimated and i’m still not able to use any data, call or text. 

I reset my phone (iphone 11), got the new update, toggled the airplane mode and it seems like everything but I still can’t connect at all. In the settings the network isn’t available instead of saying Public Mobile and for some reason I have 2 IMEI numbers (if that is strange or not? i don’t know) 

Thank you in advance 

10 REPLIES 10

@DarrylD36  did you request porting number  into PM?

if you had, since there is no service from your old provider, sound like the porting was completed

I will send you a number to call to confirm.  Please check your community inbox for that phone number

At the same time, please also open a ticket with PM support and have them to confirm if your sim card was provisioned properly.  it sounds more like a sim card provisioning issue than porting to me

1. Please open ticket via Chatbot (need access to My Account): At https://publicmobile.ca/chatbot.

Start by typing "Submit a ticket", then click "Contact Us", Then click "Other", then click "Click here to submit a ticket ↗" 

2. If you have trouble with Chatbot or you don't have access to My Account: Private message CS Agent at: 

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

**Monitor your Community inbox (envelope icon on the top right) after the ticket is opened.  CS Agent will reply to you there

DarrylD36

could you please send me that number I have been trying for 2 days now to get this fixed I have no service from my old provider and no service from Public.

I have changed my sim card many times I have tried to enter a ticket, I have called my old provider, with no sucess.

@O_vanboxtel wrote:

Could I also get the porting team number? My boyfriend just switched to public mobile and is having the exactly same issue with porting his phone number from bell. 

Check your inbox @O_vanboxtel , i've sent it to you.

@flowerpower  & @O_vanboxtel 

Before trying support or the porting team, try the following:

• Reboot your device
  • Reset network connections under the devices Cellular Connections
  • Try toggling airplane mode on / off
  • Try the Public Mobile SIM card in another device, if available, to see if calling and texting work

O_vanboxtel

Could I also get the porting team number? My boyfriend just switched to public mobile and is having the exactly same issue with porting his phone number from bell. 

dust2dust
Mayor / Maire

Can you try your sim in another phone?

Not sure if a text would come anyway, but were you with Koodo prepaid or postpaid?

Maybe the other imei is for esim.

Can you switch the networks to automatic or scan for Public and choose it. Maybe you had it set manually to Koodo.

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@flowerpower 

A critical part to porting is to receive a text from your old provider , Koodo, and you have to reply YES within 90 mins.  If you are not receiving calls and text on your PM sim card and can only make outgoing calls,  then you might have missed the step and hence porting was not completed

There is a number to call to talk to live support,  they can re-trigger the process for you.  I will message the number to you via the Community inbox.  Check the envelope icon on top right.  Call them and get it fixed

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@flowerpower @Additional info on porting 

When transferring (porting) your number to any new carrier it’s important to remember to leave the old providers SIM card in the phone until you receive the confirmation text from old carrier @that point you have 90 mins to reply YES to the confirmation text … also when going thru this process the new provider will want you old providers account number and will ask for IMEI number disregard this (IMEI) number as it has a tendency to just cos porting hiccups .. so if your ready to port to pm and already activated a SIM card you can go to your self serve serve profile tab and change /transfer (port) number this can also be done on activation but it’s advised to pick a temp number first then port

edit was you Koodo service post paid or prepaid ? 

LoveNature
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Hi @flowerpower 

open Ticket with support Chatbot

or send a private message to CS_Agent
here: https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@flowerpower  I’ll send you porting team number private message for live support 

Need Help? Let's chat.