cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cant activate phone or account

park_chris11
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hello

On the weekend I went throught the activation process online to get my Telus number switched over to PM. The process went fine until the last step, when I got a weird error message(I lost the page...) saying to contact tech and that was it. They charged $150 my for my 90 day plan, telus cut off my number this morning, but my new SIM isnt finding the PM network. I got an email saying welcome etc etc, but I also cant log into self serve using my email and password. I've started a tech support ticket but no response yet. Hoping that is because of the long weekend and will hear back today, but I use the phone for work so kinda need it asap.

Thanks

15 REPLIES 15

Mary_M
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

Yes we do operate on weekends - 9 am to 7:30 pm EDT and you can activate your SIM anytime 🙂 Don't hesitate to send us a private message if needed ! @on2wheels

Cheers,

Mary

** Please do not post private info such as: phone number, account number, pin etc.. This is a public forum. **

on2wheels
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Has this been sorted out? I'm looking at getting a PM SIM today and doing the activation tonight, assuming PM works on weekends? Can you even activate a SIM on weekends/evenings?

ba14ii
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

I don't think things will go smoother till the 3-4 day maintenance is over. Maybe delay it a bit? Or follow the same procedure in contacting a mod (that's what I did)

Thanks

park_chris11

Took awhile but the mods sorted me out I think. I just got a second PM SIM today, going to swap my wife over in next couple days. Coming from same telus account, different number. Any advice for making the second port/activation go smoother?

Thanks all who chimed in

park_chris11

Thats where I get hung up. Step 1 asks for your phone number(I assume so they can text you) and step 2 asks for 6 digit code(which gets texted?). My phone number no longer works because telus cut it off this morning.

Try creating your account here: https://selfserve.publicmobile.ca ( under Need to Create An Account?).

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

park_chris11

Ok sounds good. Im trying to think of possible issues from my end. I checked my IMEI on their online check and it said good to go, but my phone is likely locked to Telus(I never unlocked it). I read elsewhere that a locked telus phone should work..

It's takes time lots of porting and wrong plan issues. But they will get back to you.
** I am not a Mod, please do not include any private info in a private message to me.**

park_chris11

Still no luck from mods or tech support...

park_chris11

No reply from mods yet. I did get a reply from PM support, but they just said the port was sucessful and I needed to activate my account. I got to the step where you put in your phone number and they text a 6 digit code. Problem is my phone doesnt have service so no dice on recieving that text... Any ideas?

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

no need to follow up with a second or third private message.  teh mods will read it.  Sending  multiple messges will clog up their system and cause increased delays.

park_chris11

Thank you both. I have sent a private message. Havent heard back but only been an hour or so, I will wait a while before following up. Cheers

Samianauman
Mayor / Maire
You need to send a private msg
Contact any moderator by private message to help you with the process.
In your private message the following info
* PM account email address
* PM SIM card number
* Detailed explanation

Here is the link for how to contact moderators http://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Knowledge-Base/Updiated-Contacting-our-Community-Moder...
** I am not a Mod, please do not include any private info in a private message to me.**

emilymlk
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

this situation will definitely require MOD intervention. Since you have already contacted them you have taken the right step but currently they are pretty overloaded you are looking at approximately a 48 hour response time. Good news is if they closed your account at Telus the nubmer ported successfully badnews is you will require them to fix some account settings that must have not taken during the port process.

ninizinzu

I delt with a similar problem. I suggest that you private message one of the mods. They will be able to fix the issue from their end. The issue should be resolved today. 

As per email, it takes up to 2 days for a response.

Need Help? Let's chat.