cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot receive incoming calls.

Kar0
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I cannot receive incoming calls from any carrier. However, my husband is with Public Mobile and he can call me. I’ve restarted my iPhone and also tried switching from 5G to LTE and 3G with no luck. Please advise why this may be happening. 

12 REPLIES 12

@Kar0 when you call the number, after you enter your phone number, if it said cannot locate, out in your number a 2nd time and it will link you with support agents.  try calling again 

and what model of phone is yours??

@Kar0 

sounds like you'll need Customer Support...click the little orange ball on lower right side of page to start that process. If that doesn't help, use this link to direct message Customer Support....

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

added...

I forgot to mention...give them as much acct info as you can ie: ph #, acct #, name on acct, PM pin #...etc.

Kar0

I’m using an eSIM. I’ve reset network settings. I’ve also tried calling that number and when putting in my number it won’t let me know continue to the next menu or talk to someone. I’ve restarted my phone several times as well. 

@Kar0 

if the little envelop icon on top right side of page is highlighted...click on it. Softech sent you a helpful number to call.

@Kar0   Did you put your Public Mobile sim in the phone and restart the phone?

Kar0

Calls go straight to voicemail 

Kar0

New customer from this week. My husband can call me with the number I ported over. I replied Yes for the port. I can call out no problem to any phone number. 

Yummy
Mayor / Maire

Did you recently port your number to PM?

Were you able to receive calls before?

What is happening when somebody calls you? Call goes to voice mail?

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@Kar0 did you just join PM and ported your number here??

A critical part to porting is to receive a text from your old provider and you have to reply YES within 90 mins.  If you are not receiving calls and text on your PM sim card, and only outgoing calls work, then you might have missed the step and hence porting was not completed

There is a number to call to talk to live support,  they can re-trigger the process for you.  I will message the number to you via the Community inbox ( https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/privatenotespage ) .  Check the envelope icon on top right.  Call them and get it fixed

Chalupa_Batman
Mayor / Maire

Hello @Kar0 

Have you tried resetting your network settings and then rebooting?

Did you just port over from another provider or have you been with Public Mobile a while?

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

@Kar0 

are you a brand new customer and just ported for previous network ? Or are you an existing customer and this just happened ?

Phil_Adelphus
Mayor / Maire

@Kar0   It would help to know if you are a new customer or an longer-term customer.   Not being able to receive calls from other carriers can indicate a glitch in the number transfer from an old provider but if you've been on PM for longer than a month it shouldn't be that.

Need Help? Let's chat.