cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot receive SMS or phone calls, but can send

dreamplayer
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I just switched over to PM from Fido yesterday. Set up of eSIM went fine. Received 2FA SMS. Able to receive SMS from people within Telus network, but cannot receive SMS or phone calls from people outside of Telus network (cannot receive SMS or calls from people on Fido). Also cannot receive Full Access Confirmation SMS. Both my account and my mom's new PM account have the same problem.

11 REPLIES 11

HI @Jentollar09 

sent.  Please check your Community inbox

Jentollar09

What is the Telus porting number 

@Sookz3 wrote:

could i also get this number? having the same issue. My issue is with Freedom and my sim has been destroyed. No way to confirm port.

Before doing anything else, you'll need to buy a Freedom SIM card an attach it to your existing Freedom Mobile account.   Don't call the Telus porting team yet as they won't be able to help.

HI @Sookz3 

number sent.  Please check Community inbox

Sookz3

could i also get this number? having the same issue. My issue is with Freedom and my sim has been destroyed. No way to confirm port.

dreamplayer

Yes, my mistake was not leaving in the old SIM to receive the porting confirmation request SMS from Fido. I called the Telus Porting Team with the number you gave me, and they requested another port from Fido. I put in my old SIM again, and received their SMS message. I replied YES. And it went through. I am now waiting for things to finalize, so I can test things out again. Thanks.

@sophieducey   Are you still needing the porting number?  Please check your message inbox top right..

sophieducey

could i also get this number? having the same issue

Meow
Mayor / Maire

Did you actually do phone number transfer from Fido?
Did you follow porting procedure? Leave old SIM in a phone, reply Yes, etc.?

Can you SMS/call anybody? If yes, WHAT number they see?

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

Hi @dreamplayer 

did you got the sms from Fido to approve the port? did you reply yes in time (within 90 mins)?

there is a porting team to call and they can tell you what happened, I will send you the number to your community inbox

Need Help? Let's chat.