cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot get service on new account

Marissaselene
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

@CS_Agent I created a new account yesterday, activated my esim, and approved the number transfer from my old provider. It’s been over 5 hours and I have no service still. The info I was provided before also said I would get a temporary number but I have nothing. Please help. 

5 REPLIES 5

Marissaselene

Thank you for trying to help! I really appreciate it. Got it working 

Marissaselene

Hey - thank you for your response. Apologies for the confusion with this not being an actual space to contact cs agents. The help chat led me to community and recommended a private message but it would not accept the cs_agent as a recipient or gave me a 404 error when I went directly via link. After an hour trying to troubleshoot sent here as there didn’t seem to be another option to contact support. I’m not normally one who needs to get in contact with support, but I’ve never had such a difficult time reaching a company especially during the set up a new account. 

I did see that there was an issue with transferring phone numbers posted when I was trying to contact support, though it was also resolved hours before. And considering I was a new customer during the time that happened and had no way of knowing to check the community page you would think they would reached out to me directly to let me know about the delay. 🙃

Regardless I figured it out and got my phone working. Also got spam texts on the back up number I provided for contact during transfer that I’ve never provided anywhere else (it’s my zoom number) so that’s fun, love that. 

@esjliv I find it even more interesting why so many people post @cs_agent in the subject line

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@Marissaselene - curious, why did you tag CS_Agent here in the forum? Did it tell you to do this somewhere? If so where? We are customers and members like you here on the forum.

Yesterday Public Mobile announced an issue with transferring over to Public Mobile. And was requesting you activate with a new number rather than going through the port process during the activation. Although this was resolved yesterday, I wonder if you were still affected?

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Announcements/Resolved-Number-Transfers-Temporarily-U...

Sounds like you need CSA help so contact them by either way below:

1-Normally Faster - use this link to: Get Help With Public Mobile Chatbot], also found in various places in Public webpages, OR

2-go to your envelope at the top right of your Community Account which is where your Inbox and Sent messages are. Select the orange/peach color box with the pencil inside it to start a new message. Type CS_Agent in the SEND TO box. This will create a private message to Public Mobile Customer Support (link is provided in #3 below as well). 

3 -Use this link (same as #2)  Private Message to Public Mobile Customer Support Agents (CSA)

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@Marissaselene 

first, we are just customers like you, but we will still try to help and will help you to engage customer support if we cannot help

So, if you cannot connect to PM neteotk and cann9t make outgoing calls, it is an eSIM setup issue or sim provisioning problem

Did you get to the eSIM installation step?   Either the app will ask for your permission to do it for you automatically, or you will get a QR code to install yourself. 

If you missed the step, there is a QR code in your Welcome email.  Open it from a computer, or another device, then use your phone to scan it to install the eSIM profile on your phone

Once you installed the eSIM profile, (or If you got passed that step),  try to reboot your phone once.  i

If it still does not connect, click Reset All Networks on your phone and it will work.  (Please note that Reset all Networks will also erase your saved Wifi and Bluetoosh connections, but you just need to add them back after)

if it still does not work, please open ticket with PM support

**Monitor your Community inbox (envelope icon on top right) after the ticket is opened.  CS Agent will reply to you there
Need Help? Let's chat.