cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot connect to data In USA

Laura1999
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I've been unable to connect to internet since arriving here (yesterday). It's quite frustrating and I really need capacity to use internet tomorrow. Phone is Samsung Galaxy S10E and I did purchase the US and on. I also configured the phone (APN) per the Public instructions 

6 REPLIES 6

Laura1999

As it turns out, no, I didn't purchase data separately. No wonder I've been going in circles to sort this without  a solution. I've just bought 250mb to hopefully make the second half of my trip a touch better. Thanks immensely for your help. 

Set it to the LTE, 2, 3. Turn off automatic networks and connect to T-Mobile. Turn on roaming data. Turn on cell data. Data and text should work fine. For talk, the phone might be able to switch down to 2 automatically. But sometimes you have to do it manually. That has been my experience.

As for which add-on you bought, there is no talk, text, 250mb. Are you sure you didn't change to the $15 plan? There is roaming talk,text, roaming talk,text,3gigs of data, roaming data only starting at 250mb. Did you buy the talk,text and then the separate 250mb?

Laura1999

Thanks for your help. Public messaged me and it appears the add on I purchased did not have data. I researched it ahead of time and I'm very surprised I didn't get the 250mb with talk and text. Almost useless at this point for me, even to get it now.

@Laura1999 

Maybe try AT&T carrier and see whether that offers better data connectino.

Here is some more information:

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/ab/get-help/articles/us-roaming-troubleshooting

Laura1999

Hello. I have not tried to make calls but I am able to text. I connect to T-Mobile bit still show "no internet". Also I don't see options for 4G or 5G. Only LTE, 2,3 (auto connect) or 2, 3 (auto), Global or 2 or 3 individually. I've tried them all.

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@Laura1999 

Critical part to US roaming depends on T-Mobile/AT&T coverage and whether you can connect successfully onto either network.

If the phone is not connecting to T-Mobile/AT&T, change the Network Connection from Automatic to Manual and select and test both T-Mobile and AT&T and see which one you can connect.

If your issue is with data, make sure your Roaming Mobile data is enabled and you have disabled your mobile data limiter.  Also change your network mode to 4G (and don't try 5G until you can connect and works on 4G)

If your issue is with voice, make sure VoLTE is enabled on the device setting.  And if it does not work, try to change the Network to T-Mobile ONLY, and change  Preferred Network Type or Network Mode to 2G and see if the calls go through.
Also, you can download VoIP app TextNow as a workaround to make calls and text if you have Wifi or if your roaming has data component and data  is working

Need Help? Let's chat.