cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot change e-mail address in "Community" to match my e-mail in "My Account "

johnny5
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Received e-mail telling me that "My Account" is not linked to "My Community" to receive rewards in the upcoming days.

My Account e-mail is :  xxxxxxxxxxxxxx@me.com

My Community e-mail is : xxxxxxxxxxxxx@

When I try to change the the @icloud.com address to "My Account" e-mail it tells me that the e-mail is already in use, therefore I cannot link it properly.

Can someone assist ?

Edit by Dunkman: removed personal information

11 REPLIES 11

glad it works!!!

johntofflemire

Tried the link.  Reset password for the community account, logged in and changed password.  It has worked !!!

Now My Account and Community match

WooHoo ! 

Thanks alot !

@johntofflemire corrected by support or you tried the  reset link?

johntofflemire

This has been corrected !  Thank you

johnny5

no...I can try that.....right now

@johnny5  did you try to put your @me.com email to Forgot username or password?

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/authentication/forgotpasswordpage?dest_url=https:%2F%...

johnny5

I have tried to do that in "My Community" - Settings - E-mail   -  Tells me there is another account associted with it.  I'll try your link again....

johnny5

Possibly.....not totally sure.  Years ago 5+, I had a Public Mobile account.  closed that account and changed to Telus.  Now I am back at Public for the last year, and created a new account.  So what you said might be true.

Created a support ticket to try and get it sorted out.

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@johnny5   no worry.. missed.. just open ticket with support  🙂

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

@johnny5 

could you possibly have use the iCloud email with another community account?

This would be the likely reason you cannot change it on your community profile page.

If you do have other community accounts, make sure there isn’t one with the same email address.

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@johnny5   please remove your email address.  We are just customers like you and we cannot help here

Again, as I pointed on in another post, you need to engage PM support using one of the ways below:

1. Please open ticket via Chatbot (requires access to My Account): click this  Chatbot Ticket Link 

Then click "Click here to submit a ticket ↗" to open the ticket submission page
Next, enter your Community login, then enter your question.  Finally use My Account login or 4 digits PIN to validate.

2. If you have trouble with Chatbot or you don't have access to My Account: Private message CS Agent at: 

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

**Monitor your Community inbox (envelope icon on the top right) after the ticket is opened.  CS Agent will reply to you there

Need Help? Let's chat.