cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot cancel my plan

minhle
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hello,

I recently switched to Virgin. To do that, I wait till my subscription with Public Mobile (PM) expires so there is no overlap of service with Virgin. However, I was unaware that I needed PM to approve the switch request. So I have to reactivate PM just to do the switch. Now I want to cancel that plan immediately to avoid being charged but I wasn't able to log into my account to do so.

Could someone advise me on what I should do to cancel that subscription and get back my money?

Thank you very much

8 REPLIES 8

minhle

Thank you very much for pointing me to them. I was looking everywhere for someone I could write to without any success.

Minh

@minhle  Yes that’s correct PM is pre paid  and no refunds . You can contact support to confirm . Please note I’m just a customer like you trying to help . But here’s the direct link to support 

send  a  private message   To CS_Agents

⬇️⬇️⬇️⬇️⬇️Link below ⬇️⬇️⬇️⬇️⬇️

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

@minhle wrote:

Hi I have already made the payment, port the number, and now I want to cancel my PM account and get back my payment. So based on your reply, my understanding is that once I port my number, my PM account is automatically cancelled? Is that correct?

Do you know who I should contact to get the refund for the payment I just made?

Thanks

Minh

HI @minhle 

if you already ported the number, the account would be closed.  You sure if you call your number from another phone, your Virgin sim will ring? 

please check with Virgin to confirm port was done

Or you can submit ticket with CS agent and confirm if the number was ported out

please submit a ticket with CS Agent here:
       https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Chalupa_Batman
Mayor / Maire

Hey @minhle 

So yes, you need both accounts to be active. If you ported out your phone number to Virgin, then your account will be closed automatically. The bad news, they will not refund you as this is a pre paid service. But you an always as a CS Agent to see what they say.

Keep an eye on the top right corner for their reply.

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

HI @minhle 

you need overlap somehow because account ust be active to port

don't you want to still port the number?  you need your PM account active to port.  So, if it is still active, you can give the account number to Virgin and request porting

if you want to just cancel the acocunt and give up the number, then just login My Account, Payment and click Manage Subscription and toggle off Subscribed there to disable Autopay 

minhle

Hi I have already made the payment, port the number, and now I want to cancel my PM account and get back my payment. So based on your reply, my understanding is that once I port my number, my PM account is automatically cancelled? Is that correct?

Do you know who I should contact to get the refund for the payment I just made?

Thanks

Minh

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@minhle  so if the PM account is not active you won’t be charged again , you don’t need to to anything .but you won’t get to keep the number if it’s not active . Are you giving up the number ?? If not best to make payment with and port number out and that will automatically close the PM account anywyas 

Need Help? Let's chat.