cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Swapping esim to another device.

Duse
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi I have purchased an esim on my android but I would like to swap it to my iphone is that possible? If so how exactly would I go about doing that?

4 REPLIES 4

Chalupa_Batman
Mayor / Maire

Hi @Duse 

This is why I never recommend buying eSIM. I would purchase a physical SIM card. But not from PM itself as that will take weeks. You can reach out to a Telus store in your area to see if they have any or you can purchase one from Amazon for $5.

Moving forward, all you'll need to do is swap out. 😎

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@Duse  On the new device download the app and log into your account . Go to subscription add on page and notice “ shop SIM card now” tap it and select eSIM and install that’s it your done 

Handy1_0-1704676627928.png

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

Hi @Duse 

no esim swap to another device.  You need to pay $5 and buy a new phone

on your new iPhone, download PM app, login , go to Subscription & Add on and click buy new sim card at the bottom of the page and select esim 

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@Duse 

sorry, you cannot swap phone with esim for free

For eSIM with new phone, you have to re-buy a new one for $5.  
Yes,  while eSIM is "cool", there are disadvantages as well.  For eSIM, if you have a new phone, or if you ever wipe your phone, you will have to re-buy a new eSIM again.   There is no such problem with Physical sim card.

To rebuy new eSIM, First, download the app on your new phone, click   or    at the bottom left to bring up the menu and go to Subscription & Add-on page, scroll down to the bottom and click Shop SIM Card Now.  You can buy and install eSIM from there

Need Help? Let's chat.