cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot call or receive call from specific number

boywonderto
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I have recently realized that I cannot call my doctor office, or receive call from them, on my Public Mobile line. (I do not have their number blocked.) My doctor's office uses Telus' BizConnect, which is even more strange given Telus owns Public.  

I call/receive call from them on my work phone (on Rogers) with no issue.  

Any suggestions?

8 REPLIES 8

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

hi @boywonderto this is a weird one.

Maybe you should open ticket with PM so they can check

A good workaround for now is to download VoIP like Fongo or TextNow, then set Forward on unanswered or Forward on Unavailable to the VoIP number.  Then the number would go to Voicemail but your VoIP app will ring.   Just make sure you have Mobile data turn on all the time,  or you have Wifi

JUnit
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Maybe try powering down and restarting your phone? Pull the sim out and restarting phone again? Pop your sim into another phone and see what happens.

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@boywonderto did you try to put your PM sim in another phone and see if you cam make the call??

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

@boywonderto 

Have you tried calling them using the full 11-digit and 10-digit dialing?  [i.e. including the 1 + (area code)(xxx)-(xxxx), then again without the '1' ]

Give it a shot and let us know.

pmbc
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@boywonderto  What happens when you call their number?  Do you get a busy signal, a fast busy signal or just not even to point of any tone?

dust2dust
Mayor / Maire

Try calling your number from your work phone. Also try other Telus/Koodo/Public or even Bell/Virgin/Lucky customers if you know any or have someone at a store or kiosk try to call your number.

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@boywonderto  I agree with @BKNS27   That’s strange here’s link for support if needed 

Getting support / submit ticket

• Get help with your account the easy way by starting a conversation with our virtual assistant, SIMon. It’ll take you to relevant help articles, or if it’s something more urgent, it can help you submit a ticket to our Agents. Click here                 

Or while your already here and logged in the community

• you can send a private message to our  CS_Agents by clicking here.

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@boywonderto 

If your phone didn’t block the Telus number then it should go through.

I would suggest you contact a CS_Agent to look into it for you. Create a ticket on SIMon Chatbot below or private message on the envelope icon above.

Need Help? Let's chat.