cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot Login to my Account / Complaint to CRTC

DanielD43
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

FIrst time, I submitted ticket to customer support and they fixed it. And now, a week later or two later, I have the same problem, cannot login to my account because Public Mobile's glitchy system does NOT send verification codes to my email/phone number.

had to register a new community username just to write this. Plus, I can't even submit ticket to customer service anylonger, because website returns 404 page.

My only recourse is to file complaint with the CRTC here https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/bc/ccts . I will have to do it tomorrow, it's almost midnight.

8 REPLIES 8

StillAngry
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Thank you for the link to CCTS. I have had several issues with Public and several without resolution. Showing used international minutes at a time when I was not on the continent and therefore not able to use my phone at all was a most unsettling one. Who made those calls on my account? That and having my phone not work one morning out of the blue when I was in a rural area by myself, which is never a good thing. Took more than a day to get through to PM and a new community ID to rectify the situation. Different CST agents every time. I was not behind in paying for the service. At all. Like others I have read about on the community forum, having lack of international texting and reliable service when in Canada leading to unfortunate consequences, I am more than disappointed.  So, while I am on holiday, I plan to send a coherent message to CRTC/CCTS. These things could so easily be rectified. I hope you can get some resolution.

Phil_Adelphus
Mayor / Maire

@DanielD43   When you had access to your account for a week, did you go in to your Eversafe Profile (not your general PM profile) and verify that the phone number and email address there were correct?

@DanielD43 to submit ticket, please use direct message:

**Monitor your Community inbox (envelope icon on top right) after the ticket is opened.  CS Agent will reply to you there
Also, if you service is active all along, likely support can help you to login with your old account  ( @daniel43 ) again

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@DanielD43 

I find the PM app is faster to login to my account. 
The best way to submit a ticket is to private message a CS_Agent by clicking on your avatar (top right) then Messages.

I never submit a ticket on Chatbot after using the system for sometime and know how to navigate through the website and app by playing around with it.

It is your obligation to contact a CRTC… good luck.

h_sy

I was lucky I only had phone number glitched out. The email was working and I was able to access my profile and update my phone number through that way.

pmbc
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@DanielD43 is your email one of the big providers, gmail, outlook or your own domain?  Just wondering if the publicmobile domain is getting blocked somehow by your mail provider.  No doubt you're having a problem, but the system is working for me.  Just trying to sort out what's diff in your situation.  
Did you get the texts to your PM number?  You other post referred to it going to your old number, was that ever fixed?

If you're not getting 2FA to either then you'll need CS_AGent's help to get you a 2FA code consistently.  Try the link below to send them a PM or provide a little more detail and I'll try to offer some suggestions.

DanielD43

Note: Here is my previous complaint in this Community Forum under different username (I had to re-register again) Unfortunately, I have to same problem again and this time can't even submit customer service ticket.

pmbc
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@DanielD43  How are you trying to create a ticket for CS_Agent?  Could you post the link so we can see and test it too.  Alternatively you can use this link to send a PM to CS_Agent to get some help with your account.

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Feel free to file a complaint if it'll make you feel better.  Hopefully it will get you a response.  The cynic in me thinks those are as useless unless they get many many complaints about a particular issue and telco.  Good luck.

Need Help? Let's chat.