cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cancel public mobile account

Jocelyn_SY
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hello! I have been with public mobile for years but decided to cancel my public mobile account now and have unsubscribed. My renewal date is May 28, 2024. It now says I am not subscribed and current subscription expires on May 28,2024. However, it says payment will be charged at May 28, 2024. Public mobile doesn’t allow me to delete my payment card info, which is ridiculous given they have removed the points for automatic payment. I tried to send a private message to the cs_agent multiple times and it didn’t allow me to send the message, saying there was invalid HTML, which was removed, but when I clicked send message again and again, it said the same. What is going on with public mobile? Finally I submitted a ticket asking them to delete my payment card info after trying numerous times. Just wondering whether I would still be charged on May 28,2024 even though I have done all of these. I don’t know what else I can do. Does anyone know? Thanks!!!

9 REPLIES 9

Jocelyn_SY

Just an update. The CS agent helped me delete my payment card information and I didn’t get charged! So if you would like to cancel your pm account, you can unsubscribe the plan first and then send a ticket. Watch your private messages as the CS agent would send private messages to you. 

Jocelyn_SY

Good to know. Thanks!

Jocelyn_SY

Thanks!!

Jocelyn_SY

Thanks! I did all of these in case public mobile plays more games. LOL

Jocelyn_SY

Thanks for the reminder. It seems that we can no longer trust public mobile. LOL

IMG_1240.jpeg

IMG_1239.jpeg

IMG_1238.jpeg

Already keep proofs in case public mobile plays more games. 😂 

Phil_Adelphus
Mayor / Maire

@Jocelyn_SY  This is a duplicate of a post in another thread.  I mentioned there that if you want to keep your phone number you need to port it out while the account is still active.  If you have money in available funds it will be used to renew even if you are unsubscribed I believe.  The HTML problem with private messages is usually the result of cutting and pasting.

Rastin
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

If I were you I take a screenshot showing that you are Unsubscribed. Just to be on the safe side.

Sansan
Mayor / Maire

@Jocelyn_SY  unsubscribing should prevent future charges if it was done successfully atleast one day prior to renewal.  They don't allow you to delete card info yourself no. Sending the message through the ticketing system or private message should work. Maybe because it's under maintenance.  Try again tomorrow. 

Dunkman
Oracle
Oracle

@Jocelyn_SY 

As you have already unsubscribed, your account will be suspended on May 28, 2024.  If suspended more than 90 days, then your account will be permanently closed and your number lost.  

You don't need to remove your credit card, but if you want to, you will need to wait for CSA response.  

Need Help? Let's chat.