cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cancel my plan

rebeccahempseed
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hello, how do I cancel my plan immediately?! It says to cancel my autopay but when I go into payments there is no option to do this? I am no longer living in Canada and appalled how tricky public mobile is making it to cancel my contract.

9 REPLIES 9

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@rebeccahempseed 

I'm sorry to hear that so far you have been unable to cancel payment on your account. The

easiest way to cancel the account is to allow it to be suspended for non payment and it will automatically be canceled and deactivated after 90 days without payment.

To prevent payment you can log into the self serve account and...

1. Disable autopay. The account will be suspended for non payment and canceled 90 days later.
  2. Replace the current payment card with a $0 credit gift card**. Autopay will fail and the account will be suspended for non payment and canceled 90 days later.
  3. Contact customer support to remove the payment card and the account will be suspended for non payment......as above...
  4. On Day 30 of the current plan before midnight eastern put the payment card on hold. Payment will fail....as above....Remove the hold from the payment card after noon eastern the following day. Calling the account Phone number or 1 855 4PUBLIC and entering the 10 digit phone # will confirm suspension.

**If you would like the details of a $0 visa gift card to use this method I have several that I am to share with pm customers. Please feel free to contact me via private message for this info.

Autopay can also can also be disable thru the 611/IVR system or by calling 1 855 4PUBLIC and entering your 10 digit phone number but you must know your 4 digit account pin # to do so....You can reset your 4 digit account pin # on your profile page in your self serve account.

You can also allow for the transfer of the account to someone who would like to take it over. If the account is on the old $$ rewards program I actively seek $$ rewards account transfers in order to pass them along to other members/customers on fixed or limited incomes so that they can stay connected with the cheapest plan price possible and still have the opportunity to further reduce their monthly bill payment to $0 which is much harder to achieve on the points program. If this is something you would consider and will make someone's holiday season even brighter please send me a private message. Joyeux Noel! 🎄🎁🎅

CountyDownIeUk
Mayor / Maire

In My Account there is a switch to turn off auto pay. @darlicious can help you. 

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

You are appalled, @rebeccahempseed 🤔

You've been receiving service under a pre-paid service - not a post-paid.   There have been no 'contracts' to be cancelled.

To cancel - stop paying.

Log into self-serve, click the PAYMENTS tab, and beside the option, untick the box to "enable auto-pay".

It's that simple. 

Nothing tricky or underhanded.

If you happen to get charged again, do a chargeback with your credit card provider and Public Mobile will surely remove the payment card from the account and your worries will be solved for good.

gpixel
Mayor / Maire

@rebeccahempseed 

since you're already out of the country and not using the account anymore, the best option would be to enable lost/stolen mode. this will ensure the system will not withdraw funds from your card. after 90 days of non payment the account will be deleted. you can also contact customer support to remove your card on file

dust2dust
Mayor / Maire

If you can login then check the date for when your current paid term ends. The evening before (eastern time), log in to your credit card and pause it for the night. Unpause it the next day after noon eastern.

There isn't really a cancel now function anyway and there is no pro-rating here same as with most prepaid providers so you just let it run out the clock and stop it from renewing. The payment screen should have a little slider switch to turn off pre-authorized payments. You could also change your card to an empty visa gift card.

The only contract here is you agree to prepay for 30 days of service and the company agrees to provide the service for those 30 days.

Yummy
Mayor / Maire

thing is tricky at PM.

Yummy_0-1671661055835.png

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@rebeccahempseed 

If you are on the old reward system and/or your plan is a grandfather plan, you may let some to take over you account to make a few dollar.

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@rebeccahempseed if you are on the old rewards system, there might be people who want to take over your plan if you are willing to  

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@rebeccahempseed 

After disable your autopay, your account will be suspended after no payment on your next renewal date.

90 days after your account is suspended, your account will be automatically close.

Need Help? Let's chat.