cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Voucher

Dwaynehill
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hey there

My phone will not accept my payment voucher, I have bought 2 at different stores and neither will work....anyone else have this happen?

21 REPLIES 21

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@mitchnet12 

Yes 1 855 4PUBLIC is the backdoor to the 611/IVR system but it wouldn't yield any different result than calling 611 from your phone.

mitchnet12
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

I'm just reaching but what are the chances that 1-855-478-2542 might be a alternate workaround/backdoor to *611? That's the number to call from an alternate phone line for 611 inquiries, and even your cell phone.

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@Dwaynehill 

Go to the bottom of the page and click on SIMon to submit a support ticket.

Dwaynehill

Hey there

Yes it's for public mobile  I double checked....I'm so frustrated.....

Dwaynehill

How do I contact them to add it for me

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@Dwaynehill 

The error message you recieved bothers me. Since more than 48 hours has passed there should be no issue with validity. This leads me to believe there is either an issue with the terminal that produced the vouchers or more likely an issue with pm's payment system processing and accepting them for payment. There have been two times in the past year that this has been issue. Contact customer support to add the vouchers for you.

It would be helpful to know where you did purchase them? For more info on vouchers...

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Get-Support/Can-t-Make-a-Payment-or-Update-Your-Card-...

@J_PM 

Do we have an issue here?

mitchnet12
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

I pay with vouchers since I experienced an auto pay failure nearly 3 years ago.

Lately I have been getting my vouchers at the Superstore, but have also been Canadian Tire. I haven't had a delay with any activation, but it's possible. The other possiblilty is that you were charged for the voucher and somewhere on the receipt it says that the activation has failed (been there with a gift card before) due to a Point of Sale Activation issue. Retailers don't like those headaches.

I have caught myself entering the wrong code on the receipt before. @darlicious  has a catalog of samples of vouchers and their quirks from various vendors. Maybe take a look at that.

Hopefully the issue gets solved for you.

Have you bought vouchers from this store before? Does the voucher have any mention of Public Mobile on it? If there are any instructions on it are they the right instructions?

What balance is in your account? Is it possible that the voucher did go in? Are your services working?

Also, if you're tried more than a couple in an hour then you would need to wait more. So indeed the easiest might be just to contact support. But I'm wondering if the voucher is a Public voucher.

@Dwaynehill 

You might want to just reach out to a Customer Support Agent, like I suggested before. 

Use the Chatbot Simon to get a service ticket started first.

Dwaynehill

How do I do incognito mode

Dwaynehill

I tried they won't and I bought another one to try and nothing

@Dwaynehill  if Incognito mode does not help, open ticket with PM support and have them to check then 

1. Please open ticket via Chatbot (need access to My Account): At https://publicmobile.ca/chatbot.

Start by typing "Submit a ticket", then click "Contact Us", Then click "Other", then click "Click here to submit a ticket ↗" 

2. If you have trouble with Chatbot or you don't have access to My Account: Private message CS Agent at: 

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

**Monitor your Community inbox (envelope icon on the top right) after the ticket is opened.  CS Agent will reply to you there

@Dwaynehill 

Click on the three little dots in the upper right corner and then choose incognito mode for the browser.

@Dwaynehill 

That is weird, maybe go back to place of purchase for a refund.

Dwaynehill

How do I log in from a incognito browser?

Dwaynehill

It says to make a payment using a voucher press 1...I do that then enter the 12 digit pin and then it says I'm sorry we cannot process this pin

@Dwaynehill 

What message are you getting when dialing 611?

@Dwaynehill 

Try logging into your account using a browser in incognito or private mode first. Then try again.

Maybe even try logging into your account using a computer or laptop instead of your mobile phone.  See if that works for you.

You might want to reach out to a Customer Support Agent and get help from them.

Use the Chatbot Simon to get a service ticket started first. The link is at the bottom of this page.

Dwaynehill

Yes it has Been almost 48....I've tried calling 611 but no use. I've never had an issue using the vouchers....went to stores telus and koodoo and they have no idea

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@Dwaynehill where you got the voucher from?  vouchers from some stores might have a 24 hours wait time, has it been 24 hours yet?

walker1
Mayor / Maire

@Dwaynehill 

Some vouchers aren't activated right away.

Either try later or try through calling 611

Need Help? Let's chat.