cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canada/US Plans

LorrieC
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I will be traveling to Hawaii, and I want to know if the Canada/US Plan works in Hawaii?

Or do I need to purchase an add on?

7 REPLIES 7

@Josierjc 

@Josierjc wrote:

You may want to add the add-on just to be safe. Hawaii is technically part of the u.s but not sure if it is considered international when it come to phone plans ect.

In 1959, Hawaii became the 50th state in the union. Rest assured...the Canada / US plan will work in Hawaii

@Josierjc wrote:

You may want to add the add-on just to be safe. Hawaii is technically part of the u.s but not sure if it is considered international when it come to phone plans ect.

@Josierjc 

there is absolutely no need to buy additional roaming add-on if you have a Canada-US plan.   It serves NO purpose for doing so other than a waste of money

Many has tested and confirmed Hawaii, which is part of US politically, is included in the Canada-US plan

@LorrieC what phone do you have?  Even your phone is not VoLTE compatible, you can try to use T-Mobile's 2G network for voice.  But if you like, download VoIP app TextNow as a backup to use the app to make calls in case there is problem with VoLTE or the 2G voice workaround

Josierjc

eddieO
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@LorrieC, scroll down to the bottom of the list from link below. If your phone is not there it still might work but not likely. Even if your phone supports the feature it may be disabled on PM's side.

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/on/get-help/articles/volte

LorrieC

How can I find out if my phone is a volte enabled cellphone?

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

@LorrieC 

as lonjg as you have a volte enabled cellphone on the PM whitelist of volte phones...you should be good. Make sure to enabled Data Roaming in settings.

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@LorrieC 

Yes, Canada/US plan will work in Hawaii as well and you don't need additional addon

When you are in Hawaii, make sure you turn on Mobile data roaming on your phone and make sure you connect to T-Mobile or AT&T )

Need Help? Let's chat.