cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canada - US Plan

Dee71
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

To confirm:

Does the Canada -US Plan mean that I can use calling minutes and data when visiting the USA?  As I live near the border and need to travel there frequently, I am hoping this is true.  How can I know for sure?

6 REPLIES 6

Leftcoaster
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Yes, most definitely. I live in the US part time and have a Canada-US plan with Public since early May. I’ve had zero issues using my data and minutes when I’m down there with no additional charges. 

slusagm
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

i am using the Canada-US plan in US to reply you.   So, it works, and work well

for voice calls, what phone you have? if you have iPhone or S22 and above or other whitelisted phone by PM, you can use VoLTE for calls without problem.  If you don't have a whitelisted phone, then voice call with 2G can be a problem

btw, you can use Verizon for US roaming as well.  So, 3 service providers you can connect to 

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

Here's how you know for sure, @Dee71 

One of my folks on PM is on the Canada-US plan.

They've gone to the US a couple times in past year.   Everything worked seamlessly.

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

hi @Dee71 

yes, if you travel to US a lot, then the Canada-US plan is what you need

your can use roaming in US for data/voice/text just like you are in Canada.  Only thing is you need to make sure roaming mobile data is on and connect to T-Mobile or AT&T network.  

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@Dee71 

Yes, you can call, text and use data at both countries but remember to connect to the AT&T or T-Mobile network when Roaming is enabled on your phone settings if your phone doesn’t automatically connect to networks.

Also enable VoLTE (voice over LTE) for calling over 4G.

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@Dee71  Yes it’s a true snow bird plan , you can call to and from each country . Using talk text and data no worries 

Need Help? Let's chat.