cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canada Long Distance

messenabout
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Can I ask why we need Canadian long distance add-ons or promotions? Aren't all of our calls free Canada wide? 

I have 1000 free Canadian minutes add on and 500 free Canadian minutes promotion.

PS Can I gift some Canadian minutes to @golfball ?  JK

16 REPLIES 16

@hTideGnow wrote:

Hi @messenabout they should announce on Dec 1

That could very well happen, but no informaation has been provided by Public Mobile is going to do the same thing this year, nor about the timing of any such promotion.

CountyDownIeUk
Mayor / Maire

The Canada Wide minutes are really only good for the $15 plan and any of the provincial plans if there are still any out there. 

When PM gives freebies they should only give the Canada Wide minutes to the plans with restricted out bound calling. But not sure if they are capable of segregated that before hand. And if they did .... there would be some big time whining about it as well. And of course if you have any and they are not used up and you move up to an all inclusive plan, they will just sit there.  The freebies are very nice to get. 

Because I have 3 $15 plans, I appreciate any of the freebies given. Although it is unlikely I would use any of the international minutes.....I can still brag....my plan is just as good as your $90 a month plan, and the option is there. But I would have to avoid mentioning my Data allotment.....that I rarely use up and have only made some minor dents in freebie Data.....and once again is nice to have, should an event occur that I would need. Good insurance.  

It would be nice, though, if you could gift or transfer balance $ or add ons though....account number to account number. B U T there is a lot of other things that need a fixing before that's considered!!

messenabout

The Int'l ones? No, they were a gift from PM to me.

Hi @messenabout they should announce on Dec 1

messenabout

Great! Thanks!

I used to get texts about promotions but haven't for a very long time now.

@messenabout 

Make sure to check back in December when the free holiday promos are available.

Metal1967
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@messenabout  How.. and when ..did you gift those minutes.?

messenabout

That makes perfect sense. Thank you!

The funny thing is I also have a gifted 500 minutes for international calling. And I have used 1 min of that one, apparently lol. I know no one outside of Canada or the u.s LOL so I don't know where that came from. It's all good no answer required thank you though very much, everybody is so helpful here.

Metal1967

@messenabout  People don’t have the same plan.. different strokes for different folks

@messenabout 

You never know when you might need them. Maybe your short on funds and have to drop down to a limited plan like the $15 plan.

messenabout

Thank you but I knew that. That part was just a joke about a previous discussion over the use of promotional or gifted minutes. My real question was why do we need Canadian minutes when Canada wide calls are free already?

messenabout

@Metal1967  No i don't need them, so I haven't used any of them. I just was wondering what they're for when Canada-wide calls are already free.

JK8
Mayor / Maire

@messenabout 

You cannot transfer items between plans.

Outdoorsman
Mayor / Maire

@messenabout not all pans are unlimeted calling plus some old plans are provincial only

JK8
Mayor / Maire

@messenabout 

There are still plans like the $15 plan that has only 100 minutes of outgoing calls, therefore add ons/promotions will help these people out. There are also older plans and provincials plans that are limited.

Metal1967

@messenabout  you should be good to go….unless you have an old provincial plan and the addons are used up

Need Help? Let's chat.