cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can you purchase a US roaming add-on in advance of travel?

gancanny
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I suspect the answer is no and the 15 day countdown starts immediately upon purchase.

If this is the case then why oh why doesn't the web page make this clear? It would be nice for anyone's peace of mind to be able to purchase the add-on well before travelling and stipulate the day on which it is to be activated.

5 REPLIES 5

DennyCrane
Mayor / Maire

Most airports have free wifi, so if you really wanted you could purchase it as soon as you get off the plane. I'd recommend adding funds to your account in advance so you're not entering your credit card number on a public wifi network, and to save the hassle of pulling our your credit card. Or use a VPN.

Also keep in mind that if you plan on renewing the add on for another 15 days, that you need to wait 24 hours or contact a CS agent. For longer trips I try and purchase the add on late at night so that I'm not as impacted when it expires (i.e. if it expires at 10:00pm I'm in for the night, with wifi, and can log a ticket that will hopefully be resolved by the morning when id need the next add on). To do this I'd purchase it the night before I started my journey. 

PointyCrow

Yes, I was approaching it from the perspective of making the add-on last as long as possible while in the US.

@PointyCrow wrote:

Hi there,

Unfortunately I do not believe that you are able to purchase US Roaming in advance of travel. I would suggest setting a reminder on your phone to purchase the add-on prior to departing.

I understand that the day(s) leading up to a trip can be stressful but hopefully setting a reminder may ease some of that! 

The add-on can absolutely purchased before travel, but on the condition that softech has pointed out:  the 15 days will start immediately.

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@gancanny   the Roaming countdown starts immediately after success purchase of the addon.

so, try to buy it as close as the time you start your trip to avoid wasting time

PointyCrow

Hi there,

Unfortunately I do not believe that you are able to purchase US Roaming in advance of travel. I would suggest setting a reminder on your phone to purchase the add-on prior to departing.

I understand that the day(s) leading up to a trip can be stressful but hopefully setting a reminder may ease some of that! 

Need Help? Let's chat.