cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can we bring back human contact?

milmagesh
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

The main reason I subscribed to Public mobile after disconnecting from several other providers is how easy it was to reach and talk to a human over the phone. The chatbot is more or less useless.

Thank you,

7 REPLIES 7

.. and for those who are eager to know more on the history of PM, PM had it's own call centre up until March 17, 2019.  It was long time ago, but it is not fair to say PM never had one 🙂

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Announcements/Effective-March-17-Legacy-customer-will...

But of course, PM has a great community now and it doesn't matter if they have a call centre now or not 🙂

@Chalupa_Batman wrote:

Public Mobile has never had, that I'm aware of, human contact over the phone. They DID at one point have Customer Service agents based out of Canada but now that's bee moved overseas. The only way to contact a CS Agent is via the chatbot at the bottom.

Public Mobile absolutely did have customer service provided over the phone for customers on specific price plans, even when the brand was already owned by Telus.  Ironically, when the customer supprort agents (then known as moderators) were based out of Montreal, that was completely outsourced.  Currently, all Public Mobile customer support agents are Telus employees.

Sansan
Mayor / Maire

That must have been eons ago. I have been years now and during that time there have been no phone contact. 

Sadly,  this seems to be the way most companies are going these days.

Phasing out reps and putting more complicated IVR systems before you can actually reach someone.

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@milmagesh 

I doubt that this will happen since PM is an online model. Also, agents don’t have to deal with members screaming at them over the phone and also minimize SIM swapping scammers.

Chalupa_Batman
Mayor / Maire

Hello @milmagesh 

Public Mobile has never had, that I'm aware of, human contact over the phone. They DID at one point have Customer Service agents based out of Canada but now that's bee moved overseas. The only way to contact a CS Agent is via the chatbot at the bottom.

Are you having any issues that we can maybe help you with?

slusagm
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

I think PM had phone support long time ago. But it's hard to turn back the clock. So, get used to this online support only model 

DennyCrane
Mayor / Maire

Public Mobile has never had phone support, so that wouldn't be a good reason to switch to Public Mobile. 

Need Help? Let's chat.