cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't use data or service at all

cjdk
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

My account payment came out yesterday and all day i have not been able to access data to use the internet. I can also not send or receive texts or phone calls. My data cycle usually resets on the evening of the 22nd of the month. 

I have reset my phone multiple times and taken out the sim card but still nothing. I don't see anything online saying that there's an outage so I'm not sure what's going on with it and am pretty frustrated 😞 

21 REPLIES 21

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@cjdk  - plans are 30 days here at public mobile, not monthly. So the renewal date will not always be on the 22nd.

Can you call 611 to check your account status?

Or, better yet, log into self serve to check: https://selfserve.publicmobile.ca/Overview/

If suspended you will need to make a manual payment to what is owing (or more) then reactivate/resume services.

cjdk

I've been on self serve and it says active 😞 

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@cjdk    Is data enabled on your phone?  You also need the correct APN settings for data to work.  Here's couple of links for APN settings:

https://apn-canada.gishan.net/

https://co.nz/   (for some Iphone models).

cjdk

I haven't changed any settings at all! I live somewhere without internet access so I use my phone's data every day as my only source of it (I'm on someone else's phone right now) 

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@cjdk    Data didn't get accidentally toggled off somehow?   What plan are you?

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@cjdk  - is calling or texting working at all?

While you are on self serve...Do you see the Data line listed under your overview section in your self serve?

If it is not there that normally means you used it all up. But, your account just renewed yesterday right?

Can you try your SIM into another phone to see if data works? This would rule out a phone issue/setting.

cjdk

Data is on on my phone- is there somewhere on the site that it could get turned off??? Haven't been on the website in over a month tbh because i never have issues with it...

cjdk

I can't call or text either... if i text it says it's gone through but the other person doesn't get and same vice versa. When i try to call someone it just immediately says "call ended" without even ringing. 

There's a data line and it says I've used 

69.913  /  20992 MB 

which leads me to believe it did reset properly...? but i haven't used any since yesterday because when i turn it on it just connects for half a second and disconnects over and over and i can't do anything at all. 

I'm on the maximum plan possible, 20.5GB at 3G Speed

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@cjdk    Nowhere on the account for data to be turned off, except as long as you still have data being available in the account under My data/Add-ons section.   You should be fine if you still have data and it's enabled on the phone. 

If you're on the $15 plan which only has 250MB data available (unless you have extra add-on/gifted data too), it can be easily depleted by updates or just regular web browsing usage.

edit:  are you able to put your SIM in another unlocked phone to see what happens?