cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't use data or service at all

cjdk
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

My account payment came out yesterday and all day i have not been able to access data to use the internet. I can also not send or receive texts or phone calls. My data cycle usually resets on the evening of the 22nd of the month. 

I have reset my phone multiple times and taken out the sim card but still nothing. I don't see anything online saying that there's an outage so I'm not sure what's going on with it and am pretty frustrated 😞 

21 REPLIES 21

cjdk

I'm hoping I can get the 3gb of data back that I've lost from this... that's a really big deal when I don't have internet access any other way 😭😭 Thanks for your help, the ticket is submitted so I'm hoping I hear from them tomorrow 

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@cjdk wrote:

I tried the sim card in my friends phone and it did not work- hers worked on my phone though so it's clearly the card and not my phone 😞

she's with Telus if that helps 

@cjdk appears to be the SIM card or the account. Hopefully, it is something on the backend of your account that a CSA can reset, this way you do not need to obtain a new SIM card.

Customer Support (CSA) closed at 10am EST but open again in the morning.

Hopefully, this gets fixed for you tomorrow. 

CSA hours "Monday to Sunday: 6 AM to 10 PM EST"

cjdk

I tried the sim card in my friends phone and it did not work- hers worked on my phone though so it's clearly the card and not my phone 😞

she's with Telus if that helps 

cjdk

I sent a private message, and i have an old phone i can try the sim card in just give me a few minutes to see if it works 

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@cjdk wrote:

Just finished trying the lost/stolen thing but still not working 😞   

I'll try the slow ticket option I guess... account still says active now but when i go into my settings it sometimes says "not available" on the call/sms screen 

@cjdk - private messaging can be slower. But if customer support is not too bogged down with other tickets hopefully you will get a response quickly.

So, were you able to try the SIM card into another phone ? How about that phone that "someone else's phone" you are on the internet now with.  🙂

cjdk

Just finished trying the lost/stolen thing but still not working 😞   

I'll try the slow ticket option I guess... account still says active now but when i go into my settings it sometimes says "not available" on the call/sms screen 

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@cjdk   Send a private message instead if you're unable submit a ticket via chatbot.  It's the second link in @esjliv post. 

Did you try the lost/stolen option?

cjdk

For whatever reason when Simon asks me to login i just can't, it won't accept the logins that i know are the right ones so i can't get past the initial stage... doing everything on mobile is a nightmare, too but it's my only option 

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@cjdk    Maybe try the lost/stolen trick.  Log into your account, select Payment tab, Lost/Stolen, Suspend Service, Log out and reboot phone.  Log back in and Resume Service, log out and reboot the phone.  This can do a soft reset of your account.

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@cjdk  - please don't cry. 😞

Your account is ACTIVE, and you have data left. But you said you also have calling and texting issues too. 

Why are you having an issue with a ticket?

Public Mobile Representatives customer support agents (CSA) can be contacted by either two methods:

1 -  Faster  use this link to: Get Help With SIMon the Public Mobile chatbot

OR

2 – Slower - Use this link to:

Contact Public Mobile Representatives (CSA) by submitting a message(ticket) to them here: 

Private Message to Public Mobile Customer Support Agents (CSA)

cjdk

No outages in the area and I just tried resetting the network settings and still can't get on my data... I just noticed it says on my account that I have 0 available funds and owe $70- but if the payment didn't go through wouldn't it not say my account is active??

I'm really frustrated with this because I always want to use every bit of data since it's so limited and now I've lost 3gb but I didn't even change or do anything 😭😭 If it's a payment problem I'm really annoyed that they tried to take it only the day before I renewed?? Because it takes time to go through... is there a way to change that? Been tryna submit a ticket but the process is agonizing tbh 

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@cjdk  - oh, services are messed up a bit. Okay, but you are ACTIVE and you have Data, so both those are good checks.

Try:

• restarting your phone
  • toggle into/out of airplane mode
  • perform reset of the device's network settings

This also resets Wi-Fi networks and passwords, cellular settings, and VPN and APN settings that you've used before.

Iphone:

To Reset Network Settings, begin by opening the Settings app. Next, tap General -> Transfer or Reset iPhone -> Reset -> Reset Network Settings. and enter your passcode.

Your iPhone will reset network settings and restart itself.

android:

Find and tap Settings > System > Advanced > Reset options > Reset network settings.

What happens if you try your SIM into another phone? Do services work?

Check for outages in your area:

https://www.telus.com/en/on/outages

https://istheservicedowncanada.com/status/telus

https://downdetector.ca/status/telus/map/ 

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@cjdk    Nowhere on the account for data to be turned off, except as long as you still have data being available in the account under My data/Add-ons section.   You should be fine if you still have data and it's enabled on the phone. 

If you're on the $15 plan which only has 250MB data available (unless you have extra add-on/gifted data too), it can be easily depleted by updates or just regular web browsing usage.

edit:  are you able to put your SIM in another unlocked phone to see what happens?

cjdk

I can't call or text either... if i text it says it's gone through but the other person doesn't get and same vice versa. When i try to call someone it just immediately says "call ended" without even ringing. 

There's a data line and it says I've used 

69.913  /  20992 MB 

which leads me to believe it did reset properly...? but i haven't used any since yesterday because when i turn it on it just connects for half a second and disconnects over and over and i can't do anything at all. 

I'm on the maximum plan possible, 20.5GB at 3G Speed

cjdk

Data is on on my phone- is there somewhere on the site that it could get turned off??? Haven't been on the website in over a month tbh because i never have issues with it...

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@cjdk  - is calling or texting working at all?

While you are on self serve...Do you see the Data line listed under your overview section in your self serve?

If it is not there that normally means you used it all up. But, your account just renewed yesterday right?

Can you try your SIM into another phone to see if data works? This would rule out a phone issue/setting.

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@cjdk    Data didn't get accidentally toggled off somehow?   What plan are you?

cjdk

I haven't changed any settings at all! I live somewhere without internet access so I use my phone's data every day as my only source of it (I'm on someone else's phone right now) 

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@cjdk    Is data enabled on your phone?  You also need the correct APN settings for data to work.  Here's couple of links for APN settings:

https://apn-canada.gishan.net/

https://co.nz/   (for some Iphone models).

cjdk

I've been on self serve and it says active 😞 

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@cjdk  - plans are 30 days here at public mobile, not monthly. So the renewal date will not always be on the 22nd.

Can you call 611 to check your account status?

Or, better yet, log into self serve to check: https://selfserve.publicmobile.ca/Overview/

If suspended you will need to make a manual payment to what is owing (or more) then reactivate/resume services.

Need Help? Let's chat.