cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't update payment information

Arp
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I am a new Public Mobile customer. I am trying to update my payment information. I have a specific card that I want to use for my phone bill, let's say it's with Bank 1. When I try to input this card, I get the error "Sorry, we’re not able to process this request at this time. Please try again later." However, I have a separate card from Bank 1, which I am able to successfully input as my payment method. I also have a card from another bank which works as well. Neither of these other cards is my preferred payment method.

So far, I have tried:

1. Using different browsers / incognito / cleared cache

2. Using the mobile app

3. Contacting Public Mobile support via ticket (they no longer provide payment support for updating card info, I told them it was resolved because I was able to add another payment method, but my underlying issues are not)

4. Contacting my bank (they said there are no issues with my card, including security flags/issues.)

As a new customer, it's pretty frustrating not to be able to use my preferred payment method for my phone bill. The card has no other issues with other purchases or bill payments, including with my previous carrier. I am now considering switching to another carrier if my account continues to fail to update my payment method.

6 REPLIES 6

Arp

I have tried multiple devices. I've exhausted all troubleshooting steps. Thanks for the input.

Arp

I did contact an agent and was advised that they no longer update credit card information via support chat. I understand why, it's to avoid customers from falling victim to scammers impersonating customer support, but it'd be nice to have a proper solution. Like, doesn't the company want to get paid? Having a working payment system should be priority #1.

Boki
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

You are not the only one. As I read through community, NOBODY can update their credit card info.

Advise is to contact agent or use voucher.

Contact agent and let us know if they managed to update your credit info.

Legacy_Rewards
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

They should have put more resources into improving their payment system than in converting legacy rewards to points.

Sansan
Mayor / Maire

Does not sound good for sure for new customer 😕.  This has been happening since at late November to early December 2023. We were told errors were resolved sometime in the same month, but it clearly continues to happen without any further acknowledgement or updates from Public Mobile other than to use workarounds which are still not working. 

Brianna182
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

That is super frustrating! I don't have any advice unfortunately, but a suggestion of trying to use a different device to update it if you can. I had this same issue when signing up and that's what worked for me. Now I'm dreading the day my credit card expires (this year) and I have to update it

Need Help? Let's chat.