cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't send texts

ducharmehauling
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I just activated my sim tonight a few hours ago and got a new number. My plan is the $10 for calling, and 50 outgoing texts/unlimited incoming texts. I can call people and receive texts but I can't send anything (it doesn't say unsent though, it looks delivered but nothing shows up on other persons phone). Any suggestions?

7 REPLIES 7

ducharmehauling

Thanks for the suggestions everyone. In the end I had to contact the MOD team and they had to refreshed the provisioning, which got it to finally work!

ducharmehauling

Yes I bought it off a friend, and bought a PM sim and got a new number. I tried turning off iMessage/facetime, no luck 😕

ducharmehauling

Thanks! I tried that but no luck 😕

Has the iPhone been used with a previous phone number?  You may need to disable iMessage and FaceTime, and then reenable them to get this working properly.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@ducharmehauling wrote:

It's for all recipients. It's an iPhone 5s but I tried the sim card in my galaxy s9 plus and it was the same thing

Ok. A quick possible fix is to try the lost/stolen feature.
Log in to self-serve. Plan & Add-Ons from top menu. Lost/Stolen Phone from next menu. Suspend Service button. Log out. Wait a few minutes. Log back in and back to Lost/Stolen Phone and Resume Service this time. Log out. Restart phone.
See what happens.

ducharmehauling

It's for all recipients. It's an iPhone 5s but I tried the sim card in my galaxy s9 plus and it was the same thing

Anonymous
Not applicable

@ducharmehauling wrote:

I just activated my sim tonight a few hours ago and got a new number. My plan is the $10 for calling, and 50 outgoing texts/unlimited incoming texts. I can call people and receive texts but I can't send anything (it doesn't say unsent though, it looks delivered but nothing shows up on other persons phone). Any suggestions?

Perhaps something in the phone is blocking outgoing. Is this for only one recipient? What kind of phone is it?

Need Help? Let's chat.