cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't send text pictures, can receive pictures and send & receive text messages

peterrr
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

My Samsung GT-S7560M has stopped being able to send pictures by text message.  It will receive pictures and will send and receive texts.  This seems to have happened spontaneously.  I’m in the middle of the billing cycle.  Anyone have any suggestions?

6 REPLIES 6

@peterrr 

you have an Ace II and was released on 2012, so, yours is affected by this announcement:
https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Announcements/Picture-and-Group-Messaging-End-Date-Fe...

You can try this, but if it fails, then you really need to use other ways to send media (like Whatsapp) or update a new phone.

What you need is to delete the current APN profile first.  Then Add new profile and add according to this, please note case-sensivitve and do not add extra spaces.  Remember to save the new APN and then reboot the phone before you try

APN: sp.mb.com
Proxy:
Port:
Username: <blank>
Password: <blank>
Server:
MMSC: http://aliasredirect.net/proxy/mb/mmsc
MMS Proxy: mmscproxy.mobility.ca
MMS Port: 8799
MCC: 302
MNC: 220
Authentication Type: Not Set
APN Type: default,supl,mms
         or    default,mms,agps,supl,fota,hipri
           (might need to include DUN for hotspot, please note case sensitive)
APN protocol: IPv4
APN roaming protocol: IPv4
APN enable/disable: APN enabled
                or  Turn APN on/off APN turned on
Bearer: Unspecified
MVNO (Mobile virtual network operator) type: GID
MVNO (Mobile virtual network operator)value: 4D

peterrr

So, my APN settings were totally out of date. I have updated them as per what wetcoaster suggested but… the problem persists.  I can send and receive text messages and can receive pictures, but cannot send pictures.  When trying to send a pic the phone reports “sending” and then after a few minutes “failed”. 

More background on this.  The last picture I successfully send was on March 4th and I noticed the problem a couple of days ago.

peterrr

So, my APN settings were totally out of date. I have updated them as per what wetcoaster suggested but… the problem persists.  I can send and receive text messages and can receive pictures, but cannot send pictures.  When trying to send a pic the phone reports “sending” and then after a few minutes “failed”. 

More background on this.  The last picture I successfully send was on March 4th and I noticed the problem a couple of days ago.

@Yummy wrote:

Don't mess with phone settings as many suggest. If it worked before it has to be some other issue. Phone will not reset itself to any funny setting out of blue.

While I'm not certain when MMS stopped working for this customer, it is possible for it to have suddenly stopped working because of settings needing to be changed.  Public Mobile used to have two different sets of settings for MMS. The older setting option no longer works.  The customer will absolultely to check the APN settings.

Yummy
Mayor / Maire

Don't mess with phone settings as many suggest. If it worked before it has to be some other issue. Phone will not reset itself to any funny setting out of blue.
Confirm your data is on as MMS requires data to be on.

Do NOT use 3rd party texting app. Do NOT use 3rd party texting app!!!
Always use native (came with the phone) texting app. I just verified and MMS send/receive works just fine as expected.

Get free voip app, get free number and try to MMS/SMS between your phone and that app to isolate issue.

wetcoaster
Mayor / Maire

There are several post about MMS problems for you to peruse just a few topics down.

First line of defence is making sure that the APN settings are up-to-date, and that you restart the phone after the change.

One report mentions that proplem resolved when they switched the messaging app (in their case from Google Messages to the phones native texting app, but Textra also seems to be highly regarded.

Need Help? Let's chat.