cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't send message Public Mobile Error 500

courtneydunn5
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I upgraded my plan to the 4G speed option and since then, my text messages aren't sending.  I can receive them but I have to resend multiple times until it will finally send. I keep receiving the error 500 message. This has never happened to me before upgrading the service. 

5 REPLIES 5

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

Google mentions this, @courtneydunn5  :

"This error indicates that there's something wrong with your connection or the SIM card plan, more detailed causes: The phone number you try to send your message to is invalid. There is no network coverage. You don't have enough money on a prepaid subscription."

I wonder if the Mobile Connections set on the device have anything to do with this? 

Does (or did) trying your sim card into another phone help with this?

Since you never had this issue until the plan change, i'd have to agree about reporting this to a CSA by methods provided by softech. It would be interesting to see what CSA reports back, if you care to share?

dust2dust
Mayor / Maire

Maybe full power down, remove sim, turn back on, full power down, insert sim, turn back on - see what happens.

Can you tell us what the number is for Message Centre set in your texting app.

@courtneydunn5 

You have another phone to test?

But I guess at this point, you should open ticket with PM support and see what they can do. There has been couple text issue lately and they need to get PM Support involved:

1. If you have access to My account: At https://publicmobile.ca/chatbot.

Start by typing "Submit a ticket", then click "Contact Us", Then click "Other", then click "Click here to submit a ticket ↗" 

2. If you don't have access to My Account or have trouble with Chatbot: Private message CS Agent at: 

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

**Monitor your Community inbox (envelope icon on the top right) after the ticket is opened.  CS Agent will reply you there

courtneydunn5
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Thanks, I've tried this. Deleted the app and re-download, tried a different app, restarted phone, cleared cache, cleared cookies, still not able to consistently send messages. 

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@courtneydunn5 

this is interesting.

Try to reboot the phone first.

Also try to clear cache for your messaging app. 

Or you might want to try another messaging app to see if you go the same  or if that resolves that problem

Need Help? Let's chat.