cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can’t resister or save my number in my cell phone

ThiessenDavid
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I have tried all the things I can think of and have read about how to be able to register/save my number in my cell phone. But after refreshing my network a couple times, and rebooting my phone nothing works. I still can’t save my number that was ported from my different cell provider. So I can’t text anymore and I don’t get texts back. Is there any way we can try and reinstall a new eSIM to see if it then works?

4 REPLIES 4

Cobbydale
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

@ThiessenDavid , I had a similar issue being unable to save the number to the phone on my iPhone XR just a couple of days after you. In my case, calls in/out, texts in/out and data all work fine, but the Apple ID won't recognise my phone and various verification codes that apps send to the phone are never received. CS were very helpful and talked me through a few attempts to fix it, including installing a new eSIM. All to no avail. In the end I was escalated to the "technical support department" and I've not yeard anything since... It does indeed seem iMessage is a bit of an issue at the moment.

ThiessenDavid
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I got an email asking if what ever was done had fixed my issues. It has not. I still can’t save my phone number in my phone and still am not able to send and receive texts. I have reset network and rebooted numerous times. But frustratingly nothing has worked!!

Dunkman
Oracle
Oracle

@ThiessenDavid 

What about talk?  Are you able to receive calls on your phone number?  What about calling out?  Data working fine?  

Did you respond "yes" to your previous carrier's request for port request text?

fixin1
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@ThiessenDavid - SMS and MMS with sending & receiving is experiencing issues with new activations. Please contact CS_Agent for a account refresh (You won't lose your ported number)

⬇️  Click the link for an Agent * ⬇️

https://urlshortner.tiia.ai/xYpc_I

If the link above doesn’t work correctly, please go here to create a ticket to CS_Agent: https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

* - CS_Agent will typically get back to you within 48 hours. * CS_Agents are at load due to iMessage activation issues so it may take longer than 48 hours. * They work 7 days a week from 9 AM to 10 PM EST.  You will be required to login to your Public Mobile Community Account to contact CS_Agent. Once you are finished making the ticket with CS_Agent, please ensure that you monitor for one of the agents responding back to you because they may notify you asking for some information via Private Message, in your mailbox by clicking this link here: Messages

Need Help? Let's chat.