cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can’t reset password

HomeBaked
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hello. I have forgotten my password but whenever I try to reset it, it says ‘can’t login’. I know it’s the right email because I have emails from Public in the inbox. The email addresses are definitely matching.

13 REPLIES 13

@Talisman22 wrote:

I’m having the same problem. Changed my password and still nothing. I can’t submit a ticket as you need to have an account to use that option. I’ve messaged them but nothing….

@Talisman22 - if you messaged 'them', you mean customer support agents? ..then you submitted a ticket.

Keep an eye on your Inbox message, the envelope in the top, right corner for a response. If you don't hear from them today, submit another tomorrow, or respond to a ticket in your inbox/sent folder to them to poke them.

Talisman22
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I’m having the same problem. Changed my password and still nothing. I can’t submit a ticket as you need to have an account to use that option. I’ve messaged them but nothing….

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@HomeBaked 

Ok most of what you are experiencing is starting to make sense now.....as also brought up by @esjliv if you are travelling and you have recently left Canada and/or the US (the only country pm offers roaming services) you will lose all services on your pm sim card.

Do you have access to wifi? You can download a voip provider such as textnow or fongo and choose a Canadian phone number. Now you can call the US or Canada for free while on wifi including 1 855 4PUBLIC and enter your 10 digit phone number to access the 611/IVR system to hear the status of your account and other basic account info as well as test out your 4 digit account pin #.

If you are outside of the US or Canada to have services outside of free wifi to use your voip provider number for calling and texting you will need to purchase a local sim card and plan. You will then have a phone number for local and long distance calling and texting and mobile data to also be able to use your voip provider at your leisure.

The vast majority of countries overseas offer cheap sim cards and plans. Member countries of the European Union have a "Roam like Home" agreement allowing you to use the local sim card and plan across the 30 member countries. SIM card and plans average about $20/30 days with comparitive to Canada large data buckets of 5gb to 20+gb and a reasonable amount of local and long distance minutes and SMS/MMS texts.

Here is some info on purchasing local sim cards overseas....

https://toomanyadapters.com/buying-local-sim-cards/

To contact customer support click below:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

To pre-verify your account include your full name, address, email, phone # and 4 digit acct pin #.

HomeBaked

I don’t have access to a landline unfortunately.

@HomeBaked wrote:

I actually can’t call that number, or any number any more. I was making calls as recently as yesterday and now it’s just dead silence.

@HomeBaked  - you mentioned in an above post you are 'overseas'.

Current inmarket Public Mobile plans only work whilst you are in Canada. And for services to work while in the USA, you need to purchase additional Roaming Addons for services to work.

When you were making calls yesterday, you must have been in Canada or USA, right? If you are outside these area you will not have services with Public Mobile.

..but...that doesn't explain why you cannot log into your self serve account or reset your password. So hopefully, CSA gets you back into your account soon, so you can see your information.

@HomeBaked   can you call 1-855-4PUBLIC from a landline and enter your own phone number and see what it says in terms of account status?

anyway, wait for PM support reply and let us know   

HomeBaked

I actually can’t call that number, or any number any more. I was making calls as recently as yesterday and now it’s just dead silence.

@HomeBaked  if you have active service and you used the PIN only couple days ago, you should be fine.

You can also call 1-855-4PUBLIC and go though couple options that requires PIN to test if your PIN is correct

If you already opened ticket with PM, just wait for their reply (check the Community inbox).  It might take an hour or two, but since it is late at night now, they will reply tomorrow morning instead.  If you didn't receive any reply noon tomorrow, message them again.

HomeBaked

I tried to open a ticket and when I put in all my details, it said it couldn’t verify my pin which is strange because I just used my pin through phone self serve a few days ago to buy US minutes. I sent a direct message to the user you suggested but I’m really worried I won’t be able to sort this out in time, I’m overseas and have urgent things that will cost a lot of money if I can’t call in time.

HomeBaked

I actually am concerned about whether my service is still active, I can no longer do anything through calling 611 either. I was texting fine a few days ago and just bought US minutes and was using them as of a few days ago and now can no longer call US numbers. I can’t login to rewards either.

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@HomeBaked 

Is your service active?  What message do you get when you call 611 from your phone? Try logging into your rewards account. You can view the password before trying to log in and the login credentials are the same as your self serve account. Otherwise if you cannot remember the password or reset it contact customer support as advised by @BeachNBeer .

To contact customer support click below:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437 

To pre-verify your account, provide your full name, address, your email, phone # and 4-digit account PIN#.

BeachNBeer
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@HomeBaked 

Contact customer service agents. 

Open a ticket via: 

https://widget.telus.tiia.ai/publicmobile/publicmobile.html (faster response time) 

Type "ticket" > Click "Contact Us" > Select your issue > "Click here to submit a ticket↗" 

or send a private message to: 

and describe your issue. Include your name,phone #, account #, Email address,4-digit PIN to speed up authentication process.

Need Help? Let's chat.