cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't receive texts from iPhones

benmcinnes4
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I just switched to Public Mobile the other day. I've noticed that I am unable to receive texts from iPhones. I have a Samsung Galaxy S9. I've had it since August and everything worked fine on my previous provider. I can get texts from other Androids, I can send and receive calls from iPhones, and I can send texts to iPhones, data works fine too...I just can't receive texts from iPhones. I could get texts fine before I switched to PM (same phone). My phone number ported through completely (this was verified by a moderator). This isn't an iMessage issue, I was getting texts fine before I switched to PM and the texts that are being sent are regular texts and not iMessages. I don't know what it could be.

11 REPLIES 11

CalgaryBen
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@benmcinnes4 wrote:

I am unable to receive texts from iPhones. I have a Samsung Galaxy S9.

In your self-serve portal under Plan and Add-Ons --> Usage History, are you able to confirm that you're seeing "Incoming text" events corresponding to messages sent from the iPhone(s)?  For SMS, these should show up in real-time, even if your receiving phone is off or in airplane mode at the time.  This check is simply to confirm that receipt of the message as an SMS has occurred into the PM network.

Once that's been confirmed, then it may well be the handling of the SMS by the phone, which hopefully others can help with.

@benmcinnes4 wrote:

Thanks for the offer but my girlfriend is helping me with that. I really want to enjoy PM but it's just a challenge to talk with a moderator when you have to wait a day for a reply. I wish there was an instant messaging option.

Have you attempted my option of a different text messaging app?  This has been a resolution for others with similar issues, and in some of the cases, it's fixed the original app when they switched back.

benmcinnes4

Thanks for the offer but my girlfriend is helping me with that. I really want to enjoy PM but it's just a challenge to talk with a moderator when you have to wait a day for a reply. I wish there was an instant messaging option.

@benmcinnes4  If you would like a guinea pig for your iPhone experiment send me a private message. I use iPhones.

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

As a temporary measure, try a different SMS app on your phone.  I've used Textra previously and never had an issue with it.  I've since moved to the latest default Android Messenger as it has the ability to use a web browser on my desktop to send and receive texts.

benmcinnes4

I'm in the process of talking with them...it takes a while though. It just sucks because most of the people that I text have iPhones.

Just let us know if something can be done... finally...

benmcinnes4

The texts are green and not blue. 

Luddite
Oracle
Oracle

@benmcinnes4 Have your friends confirm the their messages to you are green and not blue. Their iPhones are not switching to SMS when texting you. The quickest fix is for them to press and hold a blue message and resend as SMS. From that point forward their phone should remember.

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

NDesai
Oracle
Oracle

My coworker has the same issue but he's on Koodo with iPhone and I can't get his texts. We tried everything on iPhone to troubleshoot this, but we were unsuccessful. You should reach out to the Moderator_Team and see if that is something they can solve. 

Alex888
Mayor / Maire

Try de-registering iMessage, you can do that online here: https://selfsolve.apple.com/deregister-imessage/

Text from iPhones may still be trying to go through iMessage.

Need Help? Let's chat.